Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Lab-style Photo envelopes

Old 03-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Lab-style Photo envelopes

I was wondering if anyone out there knew where I could get photo envelopes similar to the kind you get along with your prints at your typical photo developers (Kodak, Ritz, etc.)

I'm not looking for fancy archival type things, just some cheap and easy way to hold some 4x6 photos (numbering in the 40-50 range).

I've used regular letter envelopes in the past but they're not typically tall enough and don't accomodate too many photos. The ones you get from the photo places are typically a heavier weight paper with the little accordian-type bottom to allow a thinker stack of photos.

I don't need the little pocket or flap for storing negatives. These will be just my own ink jet snapshot printouts (4x6) that I can easily print again at any time.

Any ideas?

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 03:50 PM

Hi Matt,
I've purchased them previously from sellers on E-Bay in large batches pretty reasonbly, and been happy with them. However, I have yet to find a reasonble source locally for the same thing, or on the internet for that matter. If you find one let me know.
I'm also looking for a good source for the bi-fold photo cards in the 5x7 range.
So this brings up an interesting question..
Anyone have any wholesale sources for such special items that they're HAPPY with, keyword being happy.
I am not above baking chocolate chunk cookies and sending them as a reasonable bribe for a whispered tip in the resource department.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 03:52 PM

Here are three places, I do not know what thier smallest quantities are since I order in bulk for the lab
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 04:28 PM
I moved this over to Work/Jobs, not because it was posted inappropriately, but because it might help others there.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs