Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

New Web Sites - Looking for Feedback

Old 11-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Very good website, you should be proud!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Larbear
I've been admiring your web page for the last couple of days and I must say I'm extremely impressed. Would you mind telling me what software you used to design it, or did you have it designed by someone else. I'm in the process of putting a similiar web page together for a business my wife and I are hoping to get going in our area.

Thank you for your nice comments Larry. My wife and I created the website ourselves, and basically "hand coded" the HTML. I designed the layout of each page in Photoshop, from which we pulled the graphics, and then we split the coding between us. My wife uses a package from Macromedia called "Homesite" ( to help with the hand coding; I prefer a simple text editor and use a program called "Textpad" ( She also designed and created all of the backend database code for the quoting, account management, order entry, etc. For the PhotoMovie slide show examples I used ProShow Producer from Photodex ( and Windows Media Encoder (, a freebie. Please feel free to ask any time if you have questions as you create your own site - I'd be happy to help if I can.

Legacy~Art, thank you too...we appreciate the feedback!

- Kurt
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website