Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Brand new website

Old 08-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Brand new website

I have recently designed my own company website. I am based in the UK and would appreciate any feedback. My main target will be to fashion, beauty and product photographers.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2005, 10:08 AM
hi shellby,

very nice looking site.

a couple of comments, though. the information is a bit sparse. there's a mention of being able to upload images via an ftp site, but no link to that site. that may be intentional, but it's confusing. there's an ftp upload but no way to get to it, at least that is obvious, so it's a bit questionable as to how to get there. show them the way or tell them to use your contact address to get access.

your menu system is a bit obscure. the 2nd thing that hit me when visiting the site (the first was the nice appearance) was that 'is this it? where's the links?' it looks nice, but your menu system shld be pretty obvious. it's obvious to you; you designed it, but to the casual visitor you dont want to frustrate them or lose potential customers because they dont know how to go anywhere. it's not 'bad' the way you have it, but a more obvious system might help.

and whereas i like rollovers for before and afters and sort of know to look for them on a retouch site, the casual potential customer may not. a small bit of text telling them about the rollovers might be good. something small, over, under or to the side of the picture.

i get that you're looking for a nice, clean, uncluttered look and that's fine, but functionality has to come before aesthetics in this case. otherwise, you tend to obfuscate things and make it more difficult for your potential customers to reach you.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Site update coming sooooon

Yes I have had my site redone in Flash.

I hope to have this up sooner rather than later...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website