Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

New Website

Old 12-29-2005, 02:18 PM
New Website

Hi all,

just wanted to hear about your first impressions on my new website

This time not about retouching but the 3D graphics

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2005, 02:52 PM
very cool, patrick. you've been branching out! love the spiral and cube tower thing. very simple yet elegant. would be really cool if that thing rotated as you clicked on things yeah, i know, easier said than done. loved the color choices also.

only thing i didnt like was that the last two images opened up way larger than the others where the first ones opened up in normal viewing size.

also, one little thing on the opening page, with those four images set around your sphere tower, i thought maybe clicking on each would take me to a different area. no biggie though. looked very cool!

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2005, 08:06 PM
That's creative. The steel balls and spirals look beautiful, yet the navigation is straightforward. This site says "Professional".

Personally, I'd make the Disclaimer/Contact link one font size bigger. But, there are no rules in web design. If you make the Disclaimer/Contact link too big, it could ruin what you've done in the center of the page.

I'm not sure if you really need to mention "This website has been designed for screen resolution 1024x768 or higher". Instead, maybe use that page space to include a one-sentence blurb about who you are and what you offer.

Last edited by Ken Rogers; 12-29-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Nice site man!
I echo the guys above me here.
Check your "alt tags" though. Those were the only problems I saw. Everything else validated. That in itself is half the battle man and you handled that quite well!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
liked the site - wish there was a "back" navigation button within the image instead of having to go up to the browser button.

I also agree about image sizes - maybe you could force them to be somewhat more uniform - great images - just a bit challenging to have to deal with the size disparity.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2006, 01:27 PM

That is a very impresive web site such a change from the normal 2d web site. What program did you use to create the cubes and tubbing in ?. PS i am going to go back and design my web site from scratch now !!@~>***

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi, and thanks for the flowers!

Neil, I made them with 3D Studio Max. Actually this is quite basic, but with 3D, basic means you need at least two gallons of coffee and twenty packs of cigarettes until you get to it LOL

I will definitely go a little further with 3D, but my respect for the guys at Pixar definitely grew since I started with it

Kraellin, I really love the idea of the four images leading to different areas, but what areas? I only do retouching and design, so where should they lead to?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website