Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Comments Please!!

Old 06-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Comments Please!!

Hi peeps, i've just manged to put some of my photography/retouching material online @ If you hit the photography link it will take you to the retouching section. You can navigate the pages by clicking in the page corners.
I would appreciate comments from y'all 'informed' minds re the quality of the images compared to industry standards, yadda, yadda....

Props to all, users & owners of this site, retouchpro is brill, more grease to all of your dry bits
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Nice work. Very personable. But the site is a little hard to navigate and the opening graphic takes too long to load. In my Apple computer's Safari browser, the pages go by too fast. I wouldn't recommend using the Christ symbol with partial nude photos, however. That's a bit offensive. Keep on plugging away. It takes time to work out a website if you are doing it yourself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Just for curiousity, where on that page did you find something nude in conjunction with the christ-symbol?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
One of the portfolio pages--the last image. Then it describes the greeting card service. It just kind of pops out at you. But other than that, I think it's a good representation of a talented photographer.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Photo Grafix
I wouldn't recommend using the Christ symbol with partial nude photos, however.
Its only offensive to people choosing to be offended and quite frankly they deserve it - there is nothing in the bible that condems nudity - except when nudity is forced on other, intentionally provocing sinful behavior/thoughts (lust/adultery) or as an indication of lack of clothing (here it is not the nudity itself that is abhorrent, it is the fact that society allows them to be so deprived that they cannot clothe themselves)
In biblical times, public nudity was not uncommon although Paul does mention that it is polite to cover your unsightly bits at social occasions.
In the King James bible there are 104 references to nakedness - public or private and not a single outright condemnation of the nudity itself.
The hebrew word to describe the coverings used by Adam and Eve after their 'awakening', in the literal translation means belt for the waist - there is no mention of eve covering her breasts.

But on to the topic.
I'll be honest - your work is a little amatuerish, I see a lot of blur/overlay/high key effects to hide blemishes. Its a good start, you're getting into principles that you will need as you progress but it wont stand up to industry scrutiny. You could certainly compete in the consumer market though.

Stick around here and I'm sure you'll learn a lot.

Also - I'd rethink the website, its impossible to use without instruction and it doesnt do your images any favors, they look compressed or badly resized.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website