RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Please Take a look at New Website

Old 10-19-2006, 04:17 PM

Re: Please Take a look at New Website

Just so you know, all your images are there to download in full high res. No need to screenshot, as you can just browse the directory and download them. Try putting some restrictions on the directories
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2006, 04:18 PM

There is nothing you can do to stop someone from taking the images if they decide to get the images...you can make it harder... but not stop them completely...

Having said that, the casual visitor will probably not have the talent or the time to get the images... which means that ultimately your code will do what you are after: makes it harder to get the images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1961
Thanks for the screen grab tip. I'll have to write something in to prevent that also I guess.
It's never easy is it.
Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 PM

You have some great work. You have great photography to start with so that is a plus, but you capture color and lighting very elegantly. I'd like to see some diversity though unless you only do people. My guess is you are good at more than just skin though.

Having to slide the "history bar" to see the before image gets old. I suggest doing rollovers. I am not a fan of having to navigate to a page then having to navigate again on that page to see the original, then again to see the final and so on. But that is just my .02
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 AM

Thank you Chris and David for your input.
Chris

I have turned off indexing on my site whichwill hinder more, but not eliminate the possibilities. The images are not really sufficient res for print, but you never knowwhat people will accept. Watermarks will be the next step.

David

Navigation about more navigation duly noted. I had hooped to have possible the ability to see things half way also which is not possible with a simple rollover.
Thanks for the comments on the images. And while yes I do so much more than skin, I, in my infinite shortsightedness, have really only kept the skin images for my portfolio. It is what I am really known for.
I did work for a Ad Agency for a while, BrannWilton in Ct, but I have very few of those images left.

Live and learn I guess.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Check in your hosting control panel for hot linking restrictions. In my Cpanel I can stop hot linking and direct access via url. This will close it down a little more. The other way is to have the images server-side, and have the flash pull them from your home folder, rather than your public_html (or www) folder
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2006, 02:26 PM

Thanks for all your input everyone.

One thing that I am curious about is that no one commented on the "zoom" capabilities that are built into each image. Is it that no one tried because of the bandwidth issue?

Thanks again!

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2006, 03:27 PM

Hello Chris!

First thing I click, it was the enlargement- for me it is most important thing! To see how yours works look really close. It is most important matter for clients. (In my case I send hi-res works only for e-mail).

I don't thing you should be aware of coping, or taking off your images. Even if it will happen, what it changes for you?

It is realty nice to know your works, and to talk to.
Thanks for shearing with us your portfolio.

BDW: I was designing my site for several years, and always was afraid of something, what people will think, what if some-one will not like it... So I know how hard is to make your very own web site, it is so exciting like meeting with client for the first time.
Grate work! Thanks again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2006, 11:22 AM

Hi Chris,
First I like to say I really dislike flash websites but yours is the exception to that.
I really like your presentation and the enlargement function is really nice.
I really think that you could do a roll over and it might be more impressive to the client looking to hire you as you see the the before and after quickly and to the point. The slider is more impressive for the retouch student who can slowly look at the transformation and see where D&B was used and liquify ect. I think you might get alot of unwanted bandwidth usage as a result.
Great examples and work.

I look forward to the seminar at the photoexpo and hope their is some time after to meet you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website