Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Old 02-24-2007, 04:42 AM

Does anyone know of this webhost or have used it
curious how reliable they are

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Re: webhosting

Web hosting for what purpose? Just images? Full web site?

Most ISPs these days give you some hosting space. Usually in the range of 5-10mb. I use several. My .mac comes with 1gig (I pay a little extra and get 1.5gigs), my earthlink account allows for 5 users and up to 10mb per user, and I host another site on Fat Cow (

I also use You-Tube and Photobucket (both have free accounts) to store pictures and tutorials as a way to keep the storage space on my other accounts down.

I've heard good things about Go-Daddy and Pair Networks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2007, 05:18 PM

with cheap hosting you get what you pay for. If you're not bothered about 100% uptime or other users leaching your resources then I'm sure it'll be fine.

The reason they can do it so cheap is they oversell, just like travel companies, they've realised that they can offer much more in terms of resources than the majority of users will need and much more than they can provide. Boasting high resource offerings and low prices is their selling point. But in terms of value for money it pretty much evens out.
In this highly competetive market, all these companies are competing on how much they claim they can offer and how low they can make the price. The more they lower the price the less they can actually offer and still profit, the higher they raise their offerings the more oversold they are.
Its a careful balancing act, if they get it right then you're quids in, if they get it wrong your site will suffer.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2007, 10:53 PM

Exactly what NancyJ said! They cram 100's of sites on one server and offer ridiculous limits they know people will never use. That is why when people finally do use them, just like when somehow every passenger shows up for their flight, bad things happen. We use 800hosting and are very happy with their system and tech support. Then again, we have a deicated server. Hit me up if you're interested in an account we are reasonable and we only run a max of 30 domains per box with low limits. We resell some of the space just to cover our own fun!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website