Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Rebuilt website -- feedback

Old 02-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Rebuilt website -- feedback

Hi all. I just redid my site, and I'd love some feedback. Any aspect, from the work to the site itself. Let me know what you think. Thanks very much - leo
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Re: Rebuilt website -- feedback

very cool animated images for the site. I like the overall feel of it and very nice illustration work. Design wise, I dont like all the serif fonts though they are easier to read in print but serif fonts are tougher to read on a monitor especially in small sizes. also you have two different versions of the accent marks on the word "resume". to be honest im not sure which one is correct! I feel like the contact page content should be left-aligned like the others just for consisteny.

But overall great work i really dig it. The color scheme really makes it pop out from other sites too.

Last edited by rszajkow; 03-05-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2007, 07:05 PM

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2007, 08:12 PM

i think it's very nice....great job! u are definitely good at ur job too! the only thing i didn't really care for was the animated background it looked really cool but made it tougher for my eyes to focus on the words i was reading....kinda made me nauseated while i was reading too :P other than that everything looks great (and i agree on the color really making it stand out) good luck with it!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 AM

I'm going to be mean (but honest)

Its awful.

The yelow is too strong - it overshadows your work. (Theres a reason most photography/retouching sites are black and white)

The animated background image had me reaching for the back button. Its bad, and nauseating.

No before/afters - you really dont show what you can do for a potential client, as far as I can tell you're not selling a whole product - just the post production aspect, even if you dont do it in your gallery - you should at least consider putting some 'befores' in your case studies.

Your portfolio is too big, it should be your selection of your very best work, 15-20 images is more than enough, as it is, it gives the impression that its everything you've ever done.
Alternatively break it down into categories, a fashion photographer really doesnt need to see your children/family pics or even your celebrities. They only want to see what you can do for them

Navigationally - that chasing the thumbnails thing is just plain annoying - links shouldnt run away from the user when he/she is trying to click on them.

The text is too small for a serif font, particularly on your case study.

Essentially, you've thrown it together in dreamweaver and it shows. I would expect someone with 10 years experience in design to have a better looking site than this.... one with some evidence of design.

I know this all sounds harsh but I honestly couldnt find anything I liked about the site.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 AM

I will not be as harsh as Nancy but I do agree with most of what she said.

I do not mind the color, I think it adds to the site.

The thing that stands out the most with me is the animation it is WAY to distracting I think it would be best if they were just still pictures.

I could not get to your profile(it would display an error in the bottem right corner)

I could also do without the popup on the home page.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website