RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

My New Website your comments pls

Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM

Smile Re: My New Website your comments pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Sergio

Retouching is not my forte, but I've seen much better examples done by others. Take a look at any of the tumbnails on the top row of John Steele's portfolio over on NAPP. http://www.photoshopuser.com/members...ew/image/49357
Or browse around some of the galleries done by members of this forum who do fantastic retouching work.

>>have designed my website myself in DW8 and photo editing using photoshop cs2 for a newbie that has learn photoshop in 3 weeks i would say it's good

If you have managed to learn PS in three weeks, then you are an absolute genius! I've been Photoshopping for about 25 years and still feel I have MUCH to learn.

>there must be something wrong with your pc as i have done the text size 16.

Nothing wrong with my PC, but did you consider the differences in video display between PC and Mac when you set up your web page? The text on your services page is smaller than on your welcome page and my 65 year old eyes find it hard to read at 1680x1050 screen resolution.

I'm not looking to be negative, Sergio. You asked for a critique and I'm just giving you my honest opinion.
Hi swampy

Thanks for your comment i appreciate it. i took a look at John Steele's website it look good and that's the way he works and i have my own way of working, again if my clients are happy so I am, i am not saying i know photoshop 100% but enough to satisfied the need for my work.

swampy i very much appreciate your comments and thanks again

regards

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2007, 01:27 PM

Re: My New Website your comments pls

I agree, replace the icon page with thumbnails. Even if the pictures are small, they would grab my attention much more than icons. Somehow the page looks unfinished. This would be fine if it were a private gallery, but the more a potential customer sees your work, the better.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2007, 01:59 PM

Thumbs up Re: My New Website your comments pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsunn View Post
I agree, replace the icon page with thumbnails. Even if the pictures are small, they would grab my attention much more than icons. Somehow the page looks unfinished. This would be fine if it were a private gallery, but the more a potential customer sees your work, the better.

Hi Winsunn

thanks very much for your comment i appreciate it, the icon are there because there are more than one photos in each services so i put them in a folder hence the grey look without the appearance of the thumbnails, if there is only 1 photo then it would appear as thumbnail as you would have seen when navigating further within the gallery. i had all pics as thumbnails on the main gallery/index page but they were everywhere and my user would have to go through all the thumbnails to see what they are so i categories all my services and put them in their appropriate folders to save my users time and quickly get to the services they wish for.

i've ask the experts where i got the gallery software from for their comments on my gallery/index page so i see what they say.

thanks again winsunn for your comment.

cheers

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM

I think what we are trying to say is... "A picture is worth 1000 words"

Your gallery page serves as an index of the services you offer. If removing red eye is one of your services, then do a closeup icon size JPG of a photo with a red eye problem. Then when your viewer clicks on that icon they go to a page that has 6 samples of red eye correction.

The index (gallery page) is dull and boring.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 02:30 AM

Smile Re: My New Website your comments pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
I think what we are trying to say is... "A picture is worth 1000 words"

Your gallery page serves as an index of the services you offer. If removing red eye is one of your services, then do a closeup icon size JPG of a photo with a red eye problem. Then when your viewer clicks on that icon they go to a page that has 6 samples of red eye correction.

The index (gallery page) is dull and boring.
thanks again swampy, why need 6 samples of red eyes people will be yawning by the time they finished viewing the six samples once is enough to let someone know i can remove red eye, us here in england we work in a different way. i like my gallery i certainly dont want flash, or bright sparks across my gallery/index page, us english just don't like dramas we like things simple. by the way i visited your website i thought i could learn photoshop from the expert when i click on the link of photoshop tutorials i get bridal shower (if you say to someone in england about bridal shower they laugh at you) hence! the difference between our countries , wallpapers, family recipe which one of us is deceiving our viewers, as for my work i intend to grow with it and if i can make money whilst learning why not, i do not force anyone to give me their money i just show my work if they want me to restore their photos i just do it, as for your john steele's work i pressumed he has years of experience to my 3 weeks of photoshop isn't it obvious he is world apart from me i shall look at others and learn, by the way as i am 22 years your junior i have plenty room for improvement.

end of chapter of this critique for me dear swampy i have must to learn and do.

regards

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio2263 View Post
thanks again swampy, why need 6 samples of red eyes people will be yawning by the time they finished viewing the six samples once is enough to let someone know i can remove red eye, us here in england we work in a different way. i like my gallery i certainly dont want flash, or bright sparks across my gallery/index page, us english just don't like dramas we like things simple. by the way i visited your website i thought i could learn photoshop from the expert when i click on the link of photoshop tutorials i get bridal shower (if you say to someone in england about bridal shower they laugh at you) hence! the difference between our countries , wallpapers, family recipe which one of us is deceiving our viewers, as for my work i intend to grow with it and if i can make money whilst learning why not, i do not force anyone to give me their money i just show my work if they want me to restore their photos i just do it, as for your john steele's work i pressumed he has years of experience to my 3 weeks of photoshop isn't it obvious he is world apart from me i shall look at others and learn, by the way as i am 22 years your junior i have plenty room for improvement.

end of chapter of this critique for me dear swampy i have must to learn and do.

regards

sergio
YOU ARE AN ARS
I thought you were 15 but 22 makes sense too.

I work (mostly) for england and I think you don't have any idea of what you're talking about, you are just a kid sensible about his work.
Again, don't ask for comment.

It's ovbious Swampy was using the red eye thing as an example... the point is: USE A THUMBNAIL as a SAMPLE of what you're going to see inside the gallery.

You really don't see why having 3 weeks of learning experience is deceiving your "clients" (people who obviously don't have something to compare your work with)??? YOU ARE, because they think you know better, they think you are a pro and you are not, like you say, you are just a newbie and you really shouldn't be selling your work unless you are telling ppl about your "expertise" other wise is JUST PLAIN WRONG.

You sure are cocky for a newbie.

Stop that! Lose the cocky attitude and you will learn a lot more from ppl who are kind in off to TEACH YOU and share.

You have no idea how you scared off (with your defensive and agresive attitud) many experienced folks here.

Good luck again
Natalia
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 AM

Sergio...

>>>by the way i visited your website i thought i could learn photoshop from the expert when i click on the link of photoshop tutorials i get bridal shower (if you say to someone in england about bridal shower they laugh at you) hence! the difference between our countries , wallpapers, family recipe which one of us is deceiving our viewers,

I've had over 1000 hits on my Photoshop tutorials in the past month so other people are finding them easily enough. The opening page "Photoshop Tutorials" link takes you to my personal home page and yes, there are family recipes, wallpapers, some pics of my neice's bridal shower, but the WHOLE RIGHT SIDE of the page, in table format and clearly identified are the PS tutorials. There is no deception there. It is a PERSONAL home page, not intended to sell a product or service. I'm really confused as to why you didn't see the tutorials?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 07:33 AM

It seems that you are happy with the way things are, then fine leave it at that. Why ask for critique when all you want is praise? Ok then, congrats on your new website that you built yourself!

Always remember that different opinions are what makes one learn and grow.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Newbie Re: My New Website your comments pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
YOU ARE AN ARS
I thought you were 15 but 22 makes sense too.

I work (mostly) for england and I think you don't have any idea of what you're talking about, you are just a kid sensible about his work.
Again, don't ask for comment.

It's ovbious Swampy was using the red eye thing as an example... the point is: USE A THUMBNAIL as a SAMPLE of what you're going to see inside the gallery.

You really don't see why having 3 weeks of learning experience is deceiving your "clients" (people who obviously don't have something to compare your work with)??? YOU ARE, because they think you know better, they think you are a pro and you are not, like you say, you are just a newbie and you really shouldn't be selling your work unless you are telling ppl about your "expertise" other wise is JUST PLAIN WRONG.

You sure are cocky for a newbie.

Stop that! Lose the cocky attitude and you will learn a lot more from ppl who are kind in off to TEACH YOU and share.

You have no idea how you scared off (with your defensive and agresive attitud) many experienced folks here.

Good luck again
Natalia
i am a 44 yrs old woman you obviously didn't read my thread to you as you are so busy telling me about my crappy business. i might be new to photo restore but not new to running a business. we all have to start somewhere, i let you know i've done many photo restores without taking any penny i was using my own money for prints etc. i show my client the finished product of their photos if they like it they pay i don't force anyone to pay for what they are not happy with. yawn yawn guys i get the messages chapter closed.

you guys get on with your life let me get on with mine.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 04:52 PM

The web site is OK. It has an "amateur" look and I know you stated you are a beginner. The "Changing Scenery" photo is not good. The man's white shirt is green. Try Auto in Curves or Levels. Your people skills are pretty poor; good luck dealing with your customers. My post doesn't require a long reply about my criticism or attitude. You asked for C & C.
Good Luck
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website