RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

My New Website your comments pls

Old 06-12-2007, 05:45 PM

Re: My New Website your comments pls

Hi Sergio, I've been following the comments regarding your website and think you have coped very well with all thats been thrown at you. I think your site is fine and I think I like it because it is different. I have seen far, far worse out there. I had no problem with navigating the site and if there is any criticism maybe the enlargements should be of a similar size. Just believe in yourself and forge ahead. Good luck.
Vicky.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Re: My New Website your comments pls

Hi Sergio, I've been following the comments regarding your website and think you have coped very well with all thats been thrown at you. I think your site is fine and I think I like it because it is different. I have seen far, far worse out there. I had no problem with navigating the site and if there is any criticism maybe the enlargements should be of a similar size. Just believe in yourself and forge ahead. Good luck.
Vicky.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 AM

Thumbs up Re: My New Website your comments pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
The web site is OK. It has an "amateur" look and I know you stated you are a beginner. The "Changing Scenery" photo is not good. The man's white shirt is green. Try Auto in Curves or Levels. Your people skills are pretty poor; good luck dealing with your customers. My post doesn't require a long reply about my criticism or attitude. You asked for C & C.
Good Luck
Hi smak,

i thank you for your comments i appreciates your criticism at least you have an educated way of putting things, i have design several websites for my work but in the end i chose the site you've visited i quiet like it and feels comfortable with it though the site is on host i haven't promote it yet as i am going by what comments and critiques i get then i shall take all on board and make corrections where necessary.

I obviously need to sort out the photos, from my pc every looks fine but i've learnt now all pcs are different with different sizes. the man you mentioned with the green shirt look white from my pc hence the unawareness of whats going on out there. i have taken time and thought thoroughly before i've done my work but as a self taught person i will learn the hard way i accept but glad of the comment i get.

thanks again smak for your comment.

regards

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2007, 02:25 AM

Thumbs up Re: My New Website your comments pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriafroud View Post
Vicky.
Hi Vicky,

Thank you ever so much for your comment. I too have seen far far worse out there but all in all I am coping very well i've had worse in my life believe me so i can cope with anything that's thrown at me there is one thing with a bad critique there is another of almost being slap in the face with insults i was gobsmacked. someone told me my work is crap that's fine i can take that, but when they wrote (i wonder what so and so would say about this site) that was not quiet the word that was written but something in that region also to COMPARE ME with the master of coloration VICKY HANSEN had me laughing especially when i mentioned that i was a newbie with photoshop.

There are two people that seems to be having problem with me making money with my photo restores, the people who is paying me are close friends and neighbours i show them a proof of my work a photo of 6X4 which i pay for prints myself those people are my ginea pigs i have to start somewhere photos that i have done for my families i took no money at all though i am not working full time at present. i suppose i gave a wrong impression of myself perhaps with the name SERGIO which happened to be my 16 yrs old beautiful persian male cat's name i wonder if i am being persive as a bloke who is ripping people off in the real world i am a mum with 2 boys who is making a new career for herself i am tired of working for people i've worked since i was 10 yrs old as nanny in my country of origin working 7 days a week up to 2 years ago when i gave up my full time city job and taught myself web design. I like my website too as i mentioned to smak it's what i feel comfortable with though the website is on host i haven't promote it not until everything is 100% when i get more possitive good critique with my work then i will promote it.

thanks again vicky i must say it is nice to have a nice comment and the sting from the slaps on my face is easing off LOL.

in my country as we say (cent temps pour le voleur un jour pour le maitre).

regards

sergio
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website