RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

My brand new website, need feedbacks !

Old 10-25-2007, 04:06 AM

My brand new website, need feedbacks !

Here's my personal website/portfolio..., it took me long nights of headache with flash coding :p
tell me what u think, about the navigation, my portfolio whatever's itching ur mind.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2007, 04:33 AM

Re: My brand new website, need feedbacks !

Very Nice!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 AM

Nice work. However, it took me a minute to see the forward/back arrows to scroll through the pictures. You may want to make the arrows have a little more contrast to the background.

Other than that, great.

TM
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2007, 02:39 PM

thank you all, i'll check those arrows, cause other's people told me the same.

@Nimfa: yes you're right i attended fine arts school and been drawing & painting since i was kid. too sad i no longer have time to, the computer replaced the pencils and painting tubes..

I dont know if u noticed but when u bring ur mouse on the upper side of the screen, a "back/menu" button appear and let u go back to the section u're in or go back to menu.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 PM

I like the overall design and color scheme, and the reserved texts are a nice touch. I like it a lot...maybe I, too, use that often. I really like your drawings. It's rare to see a digital artist with the ability to draw well these days.

Like others have already mentioned, your back/menu button needs to be visible somehow. I also noticed that your illustration and prepress links take the users to the same page...maybe you should combine them as one. Also, are your jpegs being loaded externally each time the users click on the arrows? You should include a percentage loader or a progress bar that shows how much the image is being loaded. People with slower connection might think that nothing is working when they click something and might leave.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM

hey pixel,
thanks very much for ur comment, im glad you like the site and my work, hope one day it'll take me somewhere.
You're right about that back/menu button, i think ill make it appear first then fade. And yes illustration and prepress are in the same section, i feared too few works was not good to show, so i threw drawings there. In the future they'll have their own section.
You couldnt be righter about the photo loading, it is external: makes the site faster but each foto are loaded one by one... it bothers me too, so i think ill figure out a code for a percentage loader.
I saw u do 3D works too. i study 3Ds max, but suck so much at it... i like the zbrush approach but sadly i havent got much time to really work with it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2007, 09:23 PM

External loading is the way to go. I've seen some flash sites that secretly load everything in the background that make the whole browsing experience really smooth, but you'd got to be an AS guru to figure out how it works. Flashkit.com has tons of resources and tuts on loaders if you're looking for help. Check out 2advanced.com if you wanna see Flash at its finest...although I prefer their previous version better.
I've been using Maya since version 2.5, but I'm still not at the advanced level. I have Zbrush for about 2 years now, but I only opened the program twice. Learning just one 3D program is too time consuming already.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 PM

hey pixel thnx for the links, flashkit is great yes. nice stuffs on 2advanced.com.
I like motion design a lot, been thinking to work 3D a little more to integrate 3D stuffs in an after effects project. always groovy to have 3D in motion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2007, 05:05 PM

nice design and i really like your drawnings
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2007, 04:43 AM

Hi furia,
i totally agree with you, it also helps a lot during a project when u want to keep track of an idea, rather than rushing into photoshop and getting lost in the software endless possibilities.
I must say i do like ur site, u're a pro, definitely ! as i understood u work with ur brother, that is very nice. it makes a good partner.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website