RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

first website

Old 02-24-2008, 07:43 PM

first website

Hi,

I am not really keen on building websites and used the website builder from my domain subscription. It is only a single page, as I really do not know what I want or need. I have been snapping pictures from digital videos for myself for sometime now and sharing them with my friends and family. There is not enough detail to make full sized photos, but wallet prints are usually acceptable. It is fun to share some of these candid and surprising snapshots, so I thought others might be interested as well. I would appreciate any comments/criticism from anyone and would like some hints for advertising. I am trying to decide how far I think I should pursue this venture as well.

Thanks,
James

My site:

http://www.videoimageshot.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2008, 11:09 PM

Re: first website

Sorry to say but it looks like a classroom project you do in grade school computer class. Your missing many key things that can help you build a better website. What im not sure is if your just trying to advertise here or you are honestly looking for real advice. If your looking for real advice. Here you go.
  1. where is your business name and logo?
  2. If your using register.com website builder, it has a lot better templates in it. Play with the program more, learn what it can do
  3. the blue look so bad, it reminds me of when my computer gets the blue screen error and then tells me to restart it
  4. I'm not the best writer in the world, but you need to work on your sales pitch. A regular customer will think its silly that all you can do is wallet sized prints. Maybe you need to explain why you can only do that size.
  5. research!, look at other photography websites then look at your again. You will see that yours is lacking in visual and content.

Hope this helps get you started.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the reply.

In a way, it is probably a classroom type project as this is the first time to try a business page.

I actually had never thought of a logo, but I do think I should work on one, sort of like a trademark maybe.

Yes, register.com does have more templates. Many more. I chose one that I thought that I could work my picture into, and as it is, it took me quite awhile to get it up and running. The more I worked with it though the more things started to make sense. Every time I go back now I change something successfully. lol, blue screen of death! Sorry. I will work on some of those ideas.

I like working on pictures and thought I could make something work for me. Better to try, and fail, than to say I should have.

I have been visiting other sites to try to get the gist of what I should be doing.

I posted my website here because I thought it was the place to get feedback on what I am better off trying. I am sorry if it gave the impression of advertising, although when I get something really working, I will advertise. In fact, that was one of my questions in my original post. If this is not the right place, where should I go? Post on one of the other threads? Or not at all.

Thanks for the input and a direction to wander off in.

James
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 AM

Are you making money from your work
zganie
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2008, 08:29 PM

zganie,

At the present time, I am not making a living through my website. I am still trying to get the thing up and running to be attractive or interesting enough for some traffic. At the present time, it is mostly a venture into something that I like to do.

James
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2008, 04:07 AM

Just went to your site agian. looking good, keep updating and keep trying to learn new things to build your site.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2008, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the interest in checking it out again. I have tried a few things, revamped a few things, and reworded, but I will keep trying and sooner or later something will click for me.
Summertime is real busy for me, (I have to go where the real meal ticket is) but I'm planning to get back at it harder come fall.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website