RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Best Website Design Company To Buy From

Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM

Best Website Design Company To Buy From

I don't know what to do. Get Flash and try and learn it to design a website myself or just buy a template from some place. Any suggestions? I would rather get a well designed site, but one that you can roll over images to see the before and afters. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 AM

Re: Best Website Design Company To Buy From

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd131 View Post
I don't know what to do. Get Flash and try and learn it to design a website myself or just buy a template from some place. Any suggestions? I would rather get a well designed site, but one that you can roll over images to see the before and afters. Thanks in advance.
I know a great guy who can do a great website for $500 if u're interested.

I'm going to use him my self BUT I don't even have the time to sit with him and work it out (I'm REALLY special about my website, that's WHY it hasn't been done yet)

xx

Last edited by Godmother; 07-29-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: to say it's not just because I'm lazy :)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd131 View Post
if you do decide to sit down and learn flash be ready for quite an undertaking. you will still need to learn a bit of code to make a decent website, it took me a looong time to figure out a way to make it work. a few times i have gotten to a point where I thought I was going to pay someone to do it for me. On the other hand it is nice to have complete control over the site and be able to change it however you see fit. it's definitely a balancing act. if you have a lot of time and patience, go for it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 AM

Thanks for the replies. Janko, your site is awesome by the way. Good job, I remember the old one and you have done a nice job with it. Anyways, would it be a bad idea to buy from bludomain or something like that? I have some photographer friends who say to just go there, but it seems a little boring and typical. I like Janko's website's ability to roll over images, anything like bludomain that can do that? I am looking to spend no more that 500 USD to start out.

Thanks so much, you guys are awesome
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2009, 12:42 PM

thanks! i don't know of any off hand that do rollovers but there are a ton for photographers, i would spend some time doing research.. some of those have pretty crappy templates.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 PM

If your using Windows then check out Xara Web Designer at www.xara.com or Xara Xtreme Pro both are very easy to use and have some great templates included. There is 30 Day trial - fully working.

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Janko. Very nice. Both your work and the site.

One small detail. If you are going to change the magazine on a Colt 9mm Carbine, you have to change the brass deflector also. : )
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 AM

I would tend to steer clear of purely flash driven sites, especially for business. They make it difficult for search engines to 'spider' your content and search for relevancy, there are workarounds but for simplicity I would tend to go the route of HTML and CSS.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2010, 07:02 AM

You can design the website with Logo,Banner,Template and other Web design Tools..You can get that very low cost by being the reseller of the site http://www.goresellers.com/
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website