RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Please critique my fairly new website:

Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM

Please critique my fairly new website:

But, be kind!

http://www.dazzleimaging.biz
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Re: Please critique my fairly new website:

I am very much a laymen when it comes to restoring old photos, heck, I have never done any. I think you have done a great job with the pictures. I thought that your site was very easy to navigate. I felt like I got a sense of what you are trying to do. My only negative thoughts are I have no way of knowing if I can afford you if I am looking for your type of service. I know you state that each photo is unique and has different challenges, but, I was not crazy about not knowing a rough estimate. Maybe you could post some before and afters with a price list of what extremes would cost?
I wish you the best in your endeavors and congrats on having the courage to put your site up for critique.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2009, 09:01 PM

Kliph,
Thank you for your kind words and insights. I have been hesitant about putting prices on what I do, but I think you are right. I need to at least give some type of approximations. I would like to know if others have struggled with this and invite your input as well.
Rhonda
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Nice website! Lot of thought went into it.

I just post my price and give an example of what type of damage that would apply to.
If the customer's photograph is beyond that amount of damage I let them know right away that it falls beyond the given example and then let them know the restore price of their photo. I have had to say, economically their photo is beyond repair unless they are prepared to pay substantially more than the example pricing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Thank you aartist! I would like to know what you and other professionals think my restorations are worth. Please make suggestions in U.S. Dollars. I live/work in Southern California where sales tax is very high and which must be charged on physical products such as a print or image file stored on a CD. I am hoping to do most, if not all, of my business by e-mail so that sales tax is zero (0).
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2009, 10:18 PM

Rhonda, I am new to this forum, but wanted to add my bon mots to aartist's. Only Doug Nelson knows how picky I am about language and semantics , so please know that I think you have done a very effective and correct job text-wise, especially in describing the sorry state that so many old photos are in these days. You have done some amazing restoration work! This site should become (lo/cho) butter on your bread. Your work reminds me of a clever method I learned from a service bureau staffer who restored a family photo: she cloned or copied and pasted a daughter's eyes to replace the damaged ones of her mother!
I am sure you are familiar with the concept, of which it goes without saying to flop opposite body parts. You retouchers have nothing on medical transplant teams.
Anyway, good show, very well done, and best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 AM

(Lo/cho) butter on my bread? I don't get it, but thank you so much for the warm wishes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 AM

P.S. -- And, may good fortune land on your doorstep as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 AM

Speaking in heart-healthy (low cholesterol) terms, that you may live long to do many restorations!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM

I have just completed revamping my website to meet the expectation of seeing some type of price structure. Well, please take a look: http://www.dazzleimaging.net

For the quality of the services that I provide, please tell me if you think I am over- or under-charging. Thanks again to all of you who previously responded with your thoughts.

Cheers! Rhonda
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website