Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website help with some suggestions..anything

Old 10-22-2009, 02:05 PM

I am extremely new at the business side of this. I would consider myself "eh decent" and admitidly i am not decent at most things, so I figured I would just attempt to maybe make some money off my "talent" is my site. I wouald love feedback on any and all pages and aspects that you feel like responding to (pricing, examples, etc) but just note 2 things the music on the intro video will be changed (it was free.. dont judge me lol) and the comments dont match the pictures on the example page yet, it will be changed shortly..

i really appreciate it
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Re: help with some suggestions..anyt

Just a couple of quick things...
"Wrinkels" is spelled wrong on your intro video, it is correct in the descriptions though.
Proofread everything, for example "over exposed, too dar, too bright"
The dark blue links are hard to read on the the blue background.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2009, 05:43 PM

ha, see this is why i come here
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM

Under the "Services" page all your "Click here to see examples:" don't link to anything - I presume you will be linking to your example images?

Contact information - are you considering providing a physical address or will you remain "virtual"?
Consider including your name (if it is only you, etc) in the contact information - it personalizes your business.
If there is more than just yourself, why not list your team by name? Maybe include what each specializes in (retouch, corrective manipulation..)

From the FAQ page where you specify, "HOW TO REACH ME" - you become plural in saying to "You can email us at ..."

General question: how do you provide the "pre-view" of the completed image without risking the image getting copied and then having your job "rejected" to avoid payment? -- I'm just curious how you go about this.

In your Examples page, you scroll all the way down to view each example, but there are no "Back to top" links - not a show-stopper by any means, though it would be a nice consideration.

Lastly, reconsider the flash video you have on the main page - it resets to the beginning once it completes, leaving you with a "blank" colored display.
Perhaps a switch to a secondary flash file that has minor animation as it's background and some blurb for the site - include the standard "replay" button, and even a light looping sound file, if you so choose.
Otherwise, that part will seem poorly planned and not "complete".

Just my suggestions; hope they help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2009, 03:01 PM

yea man all of these are great, the sites not "LIVE" its basicly up so i can get feed back before sending out cards...
it is just me, and i did think about putting my name, but i thought it might work negativly if they know i am just 1 person. i dunno...thoughts? either way the WE and US issue needs to be changed. thanks

as for a preview i was thinking either watermarks or low res. think watermark on a layer that i can just delete is a good idea.
any ideas on pricing, mine seem too low, and i really had not much else to go on other then other sites.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2009, 06:09 PM

i think your buttons up top are too big, and I gotta say I'm not a fan of the font either. have a look at some of the other sites posted here and really try to critically analyze how they are set up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Point of view from a design perspective. Font has to go, it looks goofy as it is. Fonts can help define a business identity and I'm reading 70's psychedelic from that font. Try to decide on a more formal look - right now you are using a more humanist font thats meant to look 'cool' like comic sans. This doesn't help establish a professional sense of your business though.

Try to decide how you want to present yourself - fonts say different things. A serif font like Times or Garamond help to establish trust in a client off the bat because they are identified with formal qualities. If you want to display yourself as being more 'on the edge' you might choose a sans serif typeface like helvetica or futura. These fonts help to establish a more modern feeling.

Just keep in mind as you are building your site that it is a direct representation of you and your business. Its an interactive advertisement.

Further reading:

Plethora of articles there you should read.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website