RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Review my Website?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Review my Website?

Hi I've been freelancing for a couple of years, but it's been very sporadic. I've had a couple of decent clients through some photographers I've worked with. Will you ladies and gents take a look at my site and let me know what you think? I'm getting geared up to contact some studios in NYC, and would love to hear your opinions!!!!

Also, I think my website is slow...
But, I only have a DSL connection. If you can comment on that, too, I'd appreciate it. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

the web address is

http://www.evantrusewicz.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Re: Review my Website?

definitely some good stuff. I specifically enjoy the "stlye" work. Without critiquing every work, I would say my overall issue is with the speed of the site. But even then it only seems to be a problem on the initial download...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2010, 03:33 PM

hey, thanks so much, rsvrdogg86!

i built it myself, but don't know much flash. the first two sections load every image, so once it's loaded, the rest of the navigation is seamless.

thanks for taking the time to look.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 PM

I agree with the above post, I really like your images. The only thing is the speed.
I am not a web designer, I'm a photographer and don't want to be a web designer. So for me I went through a bunch of ready to go web companies geared just for photographers and the one I like the best and went with is photobiz.
my website is edwinwalkerphotography.com
It's all done with in photobiz, which is photobiz.com.
It's so easy, I don't work for them, nor do I get any kind of anything for sending people their way. This is just one photographer to the next passing on what works for me.
Hope that helped.
And hope the client in new york goes really well.

Eddie
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2010, 04:04 AM

Smile Re: Review my Website?

Not really sure if this is what you do absolute first time
Hi yes a tad slow - suggest if you could a little sign saying something to let the person know what is happening. As a newbie I did not really know what I was looking at some key explanations might be useful
Great content (very impressed with the effects but only discovered that by accident )
but I don't think it really showcases your work as well as it could. some marketing blurb would help and some testimonials possibly from your previous people.
Great your resume is on one page but as an artist I think it would be great if is illustrates in some way your expertise jazz it up and put your education at the bottom. Add the extraordinary eg instead of responsiblities included say some like this interactive work place demanded quick thinking dealing with toddlers to sugar crazed adults all the while I was calm in the maelstrom etc.

make me want to use your services - tell me why and show me... I thought it was amazing you did the webiste yourself well done, I am going to do one soon for my private practice as a therapist so very intersting.
Hope this helps Mspip
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2010, 04:53 PM

edwalker, thanks for the input. i checked out your site and it actually took about the same amount of time to load as mine did on my computer. i know that it varies from time to time (we have a wifi connection, so who knows). nice pictures, by the way. i really enjoy the landscapes. do you use one of those topaz plug ins? i've been meaning to check them out.

thanks for the feedback. it's really appreciated.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2010, 04:57 PM

Mspip:

you've given me a lot of really good ideas. i had considered a little pop up that brought attention to the rollovers, and was toying with the idea of even asking for the viewer's patience. a lot of retouching websites i've navigated through display their work even smaller than mine, BUT they use thumbnails, which i may want to consider. it might do me good to eliminate the sub-sections that i've instated.

your resume suggestions are especially helpful; i should be showing off my achievements first and foremost.

i think it's important (again--you are right) to have an "artist's statement" so-to-speak, kind of like a standing cover letter, in my information section.

thank you so much!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2010, 05:16 PM

No worries Evan - I like to help people bring out their natural talents - we are often to modest. If you would like I have a quick play with your cv? to show you what I mean. I would not us
e thumbnails - as your medium is visual keep it big and perhpas say to people that you want to demonstrate your expertise in this format so patience is needed in order to get the most of of their interactive experience on your website.

cheers pip
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 PM

if you'd like to give it a whirl, that would be beyond incredible. you can send me a private message or you can send it to the email on my website, if you'd like?

it's contact@evantrusewicz.com

really, thank you for taking the time to look.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Cool will do that privately for you - then if you will add pic of your work in there, you will be able to send it off. I am just looking at starting my business totally different field but I think there are some similarities eg having to market and retain clietns. I am a counsellor. Cheers Pip
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website