RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Photoshop Web Gallery

Old 06-11-2002, 03:30 AM
Janitor

Photoshop Web Gallery

Possibly the easiest way to put a gallery online is via Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery (sometimes called WebContactSheet) routine.

Just point it to your directory with your images, and viola! A plain (but very customizable) web gallery, ready to be FTP'd to wherever you've got webspace. You don't even have to rename anything.

It generates thumbnails, pages, everything you need. And once you get used to editing webpages, you can make them look however you'd like.

Our Archives are done just this way (click on the menubar link to see).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2002, 08:55 AM

Doug, I found this PS feature about a year ago and was SO excited! It is VERY easy and produces nice results.
Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2002, 11:26 AM

You mean I have this and don't know it. I have PS 6/7
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2002, 12:39 PM

Yes, Greg, you have it!

File->Automate->Web Photo Gallery (at least that's what it's called in PS7, can't remember if it's called the same thing in PS6 or not.)

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2002, 12:50 PM

but that's only part of the equation, I lack control, I need text blocks and a pic here, and text and a pic there.
I have tried at least 3 of those template and WYSIWYG thingys, but never get too far.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2002, 01:11 PM

I've found it quite useful to bring the pages generated by PS into a website editor to modify text. You can control the PS gallery somewhat in terms of title, etc. - but if you want to include notes on how you did it, then you'll need to edit the result that PS gives you. Of course, it's true that you lack control as to where the photo actually goes on the page - PS gives you a few standard options, but that's it.

I'm not a great one to give advice though, since I don't really have a website myself. I've just helped with one using Frontpage, which a lot of people can't stand because of the extraneous stuff it inserts into the HTML code, but I found very straightforward to actually use.

Like Doug said in the "Your website" thread - you really need to start with a plan. Find another site or two that you like and use that as a starting place for your plan. It will help immensely to see what you're working towards!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2005, 01:00 PM

Exclamation Photohop CS horizontal slideshow doesn't work on Windows

I found a problem with the Photoshop CS horizontal slideshow. The javascript generated on my Mac version incorporates a time delay for paging through the slides, and works just fine on all the browsers I tested on the Mac, but fails on IE for Windows XP and Windows 2000 Pro. On the PC, the show changes only the first slide, and then remains dormant, with a page error flag in the status bar. You can still page back & forth with the arrow buttons, and jump to any slide from the thumbnail navigation pane. I really want this simple slide show fuction to work on both platforms. I am burning a custom hybrid CD, so I can easily include a "Windows" version. My goal is to burn a CD that will make the same presentation on Mac or PC.
The show is available to view on line: www/dwiggins.com/teach
Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Janitor

Is this the default template? Does it work if you use the default templates? The error I get is that an indicated value (a frame URL, I believe) is empty.

I also see a %20 in the URL, perhaps you have UTF-8 checked?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM

Re: Photoshop Web Gallery

Anyone there that can help me with Photoshop Web Gallery?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 05:09 PM

Re: Photoshop Web Gallery

Hi Doug.

Quote:
I also see a %20 in the URL, perhaps you have UTF-8 checked?
The %20 that you see in the URL, is the HTML way of displaying a space. There are a number of applications that don't like to see a space in URLs or filenames, since that is technically white space. So what they will do, is replace the space character with the code '%20' Browsers recognize this as a standard replacement for the space character, and will process it correctly.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website