Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Starting to try and take my business seriously!

Old 10-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Re: Starting to try and take my business seriously

Originally Posted by TPF View Post

I have a hobby business at that I have been running for about a year now. I have been very happy with the uptake as I only wanted to make enough to buy my toys (phone etc) each year without dipping into the family budget. Mission accomplished.

The site was first designed to be user friendly and quite simple for the 'older' generation to use. This is still a goal of mine. However, I have since started getting a lot more work, including coporate work. This has made me decide to set myself up a proper company (not just a business name) and to try and expand my client base in order to eventually (up to 3 years) leave work and do this full time.

Does anyone know of any good resources which may help me in my desire to learn about "getting my name out there" and doing this type of thing as a full time business?

Thank you in advance.
Congratulation on your success with the photo restore site. However if you would like to move your business on another level I'm strongly suggesting to give up on WIX or other flash template based site builders. Try Joomla, Zencart, OS commerce etc... I'm suggesting this cause if you want to succeed and to get some free traffic from SE flooding to your site you will need SEO on your site. Which is very hard or even impossible to achieve with flash based templates.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by peter156 View Post
Try Joomla, Zencart, OS commerce etc...
thanks for the tip. I will check those out because the death knell for my Weebly site will probably be having to pay for Google analytics.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2010, 03:38 AM

If you do not mind I would like to offer my services here - I am creating websites many years for myself and my friends and I have a solution for selling pictures on the web as well. My web hosting allows me to host external domains, create email & ftp accounts and databases. If you already have a domain name I can offer to you a web hosting for a small fee per year and I can help you to build your webpage and take care of SEO. My webpage is listed on the third position on Google if you search for "creative retoucher" phrase ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg google_creative_retoucher.jpg (95.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by creativeretouch; 10-25-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website