Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Beauty Retouching Portfolio Website

Old 12-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Beauty Retouching Portfolio Website

I would appreciate some general feedback on my website, and more particularly whether the size is ok for your monitors.

Last edited by Robrasil; 02-23-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Re: Beauty Retouching Portfolio Website

Hi there Rob,

My home screen is 42" so I decided to try this at work on the square 17" lcd monitor, to give you a better test result of what your target audience will likely be seeing. resolution on this screen is 1280x1024.

You might cut down the left and right margins in half or reduce the space in the box or both. I get a horizontal scroll bar which is a big no no. I also get a vertical scroll wheel which isn't a big deal to be honest considering the homepage.

To better illustrate for you what I'm seeing. When your homepage loads, I see about a 1.25"(pretty close estimate give or take an 1/8 of an inch) left margin. I have to scroll over about half an inch to see the right hand side of the box. Vertically I see from the top down to and including the underline that is just below Digital Retouching. I do like how nice and open the site is. Very minimalistic which I personally am fond of for these type of sites.

I think I must have tried your site while you were working on it, because the first time I clicked on the photo on your homepage to enter, the page took 2 minutes loading, and all it gave me was the grey background. Second time same result. Third time (after I began writing this) It finally had something to load, and I got the gallery. Initial load time for the gallery was a bit of a wait, however subsequent tests were instant.

first load appears to have been a fluke. For the subsequent tests I cleared the flash application data temp files and my browser history and cache etc. Basically every test (I did 4 total) was like it was the first time I had been to your site. Decent load times I was surprised since its flash.

Overall Well done but work on reducing the width so the site is more centered and doesn't have a scroll bar.

On a side note very well done on the retouching. Especially on Brook Shaw that is one dramatic change very impressive.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-24-2010, 05:37 AM

Hi, thanks for the detailed review and compliments on the retouching. I was working on my site yesterday which must have coincided with your visit. Although most of the people who will view my site would have large enough resoultions, I think you are right about the size and that it should be set to fit 1280x1024.

Thanks again,

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2011, 01:25 AM

Congrats on a simple, effective and user friendly site. I saw no issues on alignment and the zoom feature is rockin'! I seriously need to look into that as so much of what we do is lost on these relatively tiny images. I'll second myrestor here and say excellent retouches!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website