RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

A simple website looking for feedback please

Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM

Re: A simple website looking for feedback please

Thanks again and hope people will find courage to sign up
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 PM

Thanks a lot pluginspixel. Firstly the site requires payment for removal of the 'yola' branding. Which i am considering. The URL changes due to the blog being held at blogger.com and the rest of the site at yola.com but I can't have the same domain point to 2 different places so hence the difference. I have now got everything looking the same so the visitor is unlikely to notice. Thank you very much for your time and opinion, it is much appreciated.
creativetouch I am not the world best at grammar or spelling I got my girlfriend to read through mine and correct my spelling. But your site looks simple and straightforward from the outside. I have no idea what lies inside unfortunately. I would however suggest that a better way to display your portfolio of images might be more proffesional. There are many image hosting sites that can provide a slideshow widget for you to display your images on a website. Good luck with your business.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Thanks for the update. Since our discussion I've seen one other retoucher's site with the same yola branding.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 PM

It is a really useful website but I will eventually remove the branding. There are a few restoration sites I know of over here in New Zealand that are designed and hosted using them. Some have now removed the branding once there site is earning a little money. Me too I hope
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

No worries, sounds like a plan. It's minor.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelshaw View Post
creativetouch I am not the world best at grammar or spelling I got my girlfriend to read through mine and correct my spelling. But your site looks simple and straightforward from the outside. I have no idea what lies inside unfortunately. I would however suggest that a better way to display your portfolio of images might be more proffesional. There are many image hosting sites that can provide a slideshow widget for you to display your images on a website. Good luck with your business.
Pixelshaw, thank you for your opinion. This site is not visible from the "public" side (http://creativeretoucher.com) so I do not wish to display any pictures there. This has been made strictly for people who are looking for real professional resource of informations. You can check the Facebook link or Twitter link - I will post "Link of the Day" there so people can get impression of the quality of links inside. Curently I am working on my new portfolio but to create really good portfolio will take years ... I started to learn 3D as well ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelshaw View Post
It is a really useful website but I will eventually remove the branding. There are a few restoration sites I know of over here in New Zealand that are designed and hosted using them. Some have now removed the branding once there site is earning a little money. Me too I hope
I can host unlimited amount of domains (with no branding) under my hosting account - if you wish you can send me an email and we can try to find the way how to sort your problems out ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:12 PM

Smile Re: A simple website looking for feedback please

Quote:
I can host unlimited amount of domains (with no branding) under my hosting account - if you wish you can send me an email and we can try to find the way how to sort your problems out ...
Thank you for your kind offer, the company i use for hosting does not cost a lot for hosting so it isn't a major problem. They also offer site backup and easy site building.

Quote:
You can check the Facebook link or Twitter link - I will post "Link of the Day" there so people can get impression of the quality of links inside. Curently I am working on my new portfolio but to create really good portfolio will take years ... I started to learn 3D as well ...
I already liked your page I will add it to my pages likes. You can find my facebook page at www.facebook.com/photorestoration

Many thanks
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website