RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Beauty and Fashion Retouching Site

Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 AM

Cool Beauty and Fashion Retouching Site

Hi guys, I've been doing a lot of tinkering trying to increase usability, would anyone mind taking a look and giving me any feedback on the format? Thanks in advance!

Danny

The site
My Portfolio
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 AM

Re: Beauty and Fashion Retouching Site

I like it a lot , both content wise and layout and of course all the wonderful retouches with the before and after smooth "morphing". Very inspiring.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2011, 03:27 AM

Hey Daniel
My personal opinion is that it's too much "going on" on the mainpage. I know i'm abit picky, but when i search for a High-End site...I expect only that. It might be me but i would give the mainpage/Home: The portfolio, and the "contact me". Everything else is too me second of priority..the blogg, the text..and so on. High-End Retouching is what i want to see...and thats why i searched the site..
All the other stuff i can read about later...

Now, this is just my opinion about the mainpage...when it comes to the work it selfs...I LOVE IT!!! Amazing stuff!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2011, 07:53 AM

Thank you Pelle, as someone who's work I admire a great deal your kind words are hugely appreciated.

Thanks also Steve, that's something I wrestled with a lot when I was going through the early stages. I finally decided that I'd like to add more content, more incentive to visit than a simple flash portfolio. I have a lot more to do this year to make the added weight a bit more 'worth it' Thanks too for your kind words about my work!

Danny
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM

I've started adding more of that content Steve, I hope the rest of the site beyond the portfolio will start to take shape and make sense now
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 PM

Future Face UK

I am Jenifer Angela. I am just 18. I was frustrated about what to do ..How to approach into the fashion world. From the childhood I dream to be a successful model in UK…in the fashion world. But I do not know how I will start. One day my friend Alisha told me about Future Faces UK Competition. I believe every person has something God gifted power, just he or she needs to explore that. May be this competition will be the stair of my dream. I just went to join there. Joining Future Faces UK Competition was one of the best things I've ever done for my modeling career. I didn’t have a portfolio so Future Faces helped me to create one, when I arrived at the venue I got my makeup and hair done then produced some fantastic pictures which were then summit into the competition! I’ve never felt so special.” futurefacesuk(dot)com make my dream true. . This is me now it the turn of yours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Jenifer, I think this should have been posted in the appropriate section. Not in the middle of a discussion about somebody's website. Try this: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/events/
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 AM

Danny,

I've just joined Retouch pro yours was the first post I read...so I took a quick look at the site and got a very good first impression. It clearly defines what you do and shows good examples of your work. You also have an enthusiasm for what you do and a willingness to share knowledge. I always see this as a sign of confidence (I'm not going to become a hi end retoucher and steal your business because you told me where that button is). So if I had a suitable job with a budget I'd call you for a quote.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2014, 08:16 AM

I haven't been around retouchpro in a while, I just 'rediscovered' it and started posting again. Thanks Anthony for your kind words mate, I didn't get a notification so my apologies for not responding.

This was only on page 2 so I don't think it's too much of a bump, sorry admins!

Danny
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website