Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

OK it's online

Old 03-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by KevinBE
How come you keep letting me spell your name wrong. I just woke up and saw what I was doing.
If I corrected everyone who spelled my name wrong, I'd spend an awful lot of time doing it. So, I just blame the wierd spelling on my mother and don't fault others for spelling it incorrectly. (That said, I do prefer the correct spelling. )

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2003, 12:36 AM
I knew only one other jeanie that I can recall, and she spelled her name with but one n as well. I remember because she used to spell it with what she called chinese pig latin - add "ong" after every consenant. So her name was jong-e-a-nong-i-e. Yeah, and mine is Pong-hong-i-long, so go figure.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi Roger, thanks for the kind words and comments. Yes I do have the option of moving the menu to horizontal just under the heading. I have resized the pictures to 650 width and may have to go lower to allow for th lower resolutions. I can go as low as 600 but any lower I will have to replace the horizontal line manually to do any good as it has a width of 600 pix.

I do have a lot more content to add. Thanks for your observations Roger. Those ideas will are good and will be definately considerated. I have a lot of blank spaces to fill and business decissions to make. So keep up the good work of identifying the information gaps on my site.

I think that the general mechanics of the site are near completion. I still haven't written some of the content. I still need to decide on how I will conduct eCommerce from the site. And the best method of getting the customers pictures in my hands.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Kevin -- glad that your "Contacts" page directed my comments to you, and hope your ISP will answer soon about how to receive them in an efficient manner.

This thread will be a big help to the rest of us as we develop our websites -- Thanks to all you folks who have provided helpful information!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi CJ, Jeanie told me what I needed to know. I had to right click on the form, not the page, and set the responce to e-mail me the responces in the form properties. It also is collecting all the comments in a file in case I miss an e-mail. I did test it that same day and it worked. I did another test this evening and I didn't get an e-mail. I will have to look at it again. I've been having problems with Frontpage publishing the site. I had a nightmare of a time when I tried to do that last major update. I've learned since then to do the pages individually and ftp them instead of using the "publish" feature. I'm learning too much about Frontpage!

You are right about the helpful posts to this thread. I don't think that I could have paid for better help. It has been invaluable to have the members here posts help to my questions. Thank you for your help also CJ.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website