RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

OK it's online

Old 03-05-2003, 09:55 AM

Jeanie posted while I was writing, so I thought I would add a bit...

My Opera 7 browser is changing colour on all the navigation buttons (the colour boxes) Which is pretty strange I will go and view the site in IE to check and see

Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 10:05 AM

Hi again,

After looking in IE the only inconsistancy that I can find is in the gallery menu all the text is white except the restoration button. In Opera all the buttons have black text. The role over colour remains blue in both browsers.

The only other thing (sorry just flicking through your site) is that the animation is not working in my copy of Opera7 on the archival page, only noticed when I viewed the site in IE.

Good Job

Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 10:06 AM

Clare - that is too wierd. Exactly what version of Opera are you running? Mine says:
Version: 7.01
Build: 2651
Platform: Win32
System: Windows XP

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 10:16 AM

Version
Build
Platform
Win32
System
Windows XP
_
This is my one - we obviously have a bit of a difference here, although yours seems to be a later version so should surely work better !!!! To strange....

Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 10:27 AM

I've got the latest Opera (7.02) and on the Gallery page, the text is all black, the rollovers are blue (background grey).

The Animation plays fine on the Archival page as well. Looks like more things are fixed in the latest Opera version.

I do notice in my Opera browser, the yellow bullet blocks on the various pages don't line up as well with the text as they do with IE v6.0, but it's a pretty minor detail.

One more thing...on your Home page...the "CONTACTS PAGE" header towards the bottom is that dark blue (since it is a link). You may want to go in and see about changing your Link color to one that more closely matches your theme color, the dark blue color kinda stands out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 11:02 AM

Gallery menu....

Now I see why you might have been confused by my comment about the menu in the Gallery page. When I view the page in IE, and Safari, all I see is the word "Menu" and if I click on it, it drops down with the one choice "Home" - that's all. (In my version of Opera - which we already know is pretty lame - I don't see menu at all)

I hadn't tried Netscape (it's so slow ) but I wondered what menu you all were seeing so I tried Netscape now and finally I can see it.

I wish I could offer some insight into why that would be or some suggestions for fixing it, but it's a mystery to me.

As a side note, I was writing an HTML tutorial for my son the other day and used the <pre> tag inside a table cell. In Safari and IE, not only did it not maintain the PRE formatting, it also destroyed the size of the table cell - nothing I could find explained it. Browsers - it's a good thing most of them are free

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 11:08 AM

Just downloaded Opera 7.02 and it did fix the problem with the menu rollovers. I do still see white text in the gallery menu for links that I haven't visited though. (And 7.02 does not fix the problems I'm having with my site. )

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 12:46 PM

How can we possibly create a cross browser interface when using a different 7,7.01,7.02 have such different results? I just don't see any way...

Please tell me other wise

Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clare
How can we possibly create a cross browser interface when using a different 7,7.01,7.02 have such different results? I just don't see any way...
I don't see any way either - unless your site is a boring generic site, e.g. a site that's simple text & images with no tables or Javascript?

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 01:54 PM

yeah, it can seem almost impossible at times to have a site that's compatible with at least the couple most popular browsers (IE and Netscape for example) the only way I can see around the problem is using server side languages instead of javascripts or something like flash which shouldn't act any differently in different browsers unless the user doesn't have the plugin actually loaded.

- David
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website