RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Its up and running.... hopefully!

Old 03-01-2003, 08:11 PM

Clare, I found a couple of other little details that you might want to change:

- On the Retouching page, you don't have a link to go directly to the examples. You do on each of the other pages under Restoration & Retouching.

- On the Tonal Correction and Red Eye pages, you do have links to the example page, but you've removed the examples from that page. Perhaps this is just temporary, but it's a bit confusing.

The change in your CSS works perfectly!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2003, 04:39 AM

Thanks Jeanie,

I had over looked the red eye and tonal corrections pages, I will change this until I get the examples out there, and add a link on the retouching page.

Glad that the CSS is now working, I must get round to reading the other books, I have a bunch of fliers to print today so I will probably spend that time reading more info.

Thanks for the continued help, my appreciated
Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2003, 09:06 PM

Site ranking

Clare,

If you need any help with getting your site to rank better with the major search engines, I would be happy to help you. That is one of the services I offer.

Your site looks pretty nice.

Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 03:35 AM

Thanks Paul,

Any help would be greatfully recieved, I think google is still running with my old sites meta tags so I suppose it will take a little while to get the new to replace the old. I will have to sit down and spend a day trawling through the web and resubmitting my site. Any help would be great.

At the moment my laptop is down, I had to have it replaced by the company as within 2 weeks of owning it a pixel had gone As I do all my web design on the lap top I will have to spend quite a few hours replacing all my settings and getting all my programs up and running. So I am back to the main PC and having lost loads of settings, and my web program (I just need to reinstal) I am a little lost at the moment, It will take me all day to find all the data and be up and running. SO any time saving options would be much appreciated - thanks for the support. I also lost all my bookmarks for web sites I have collected..... Here I go a web searching.....

Any help would be great, sorry about the messy reply I don't feel like I slept and my brains a bit foggy, think I will go make some more coffee

Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 10:06 AM

Clare,

Let me know when you get "back up and running" I would need a list of your current meta tags as well as some other info from you.

Hope you get your new laptop soon!

Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 05:57 PM

Clare I really like your Menu link system. Your site is so clean and to the point. I hope you get your laptop back and reconfigured soon. I know how that is, I hate having to change my PCs just after you get everything like it and then have to start over. I'm waiting to get replacement hard drive controller on my main PC. I can't believe that will hold out until the replacement arrives. But maybe I'll get lucky. I have no shortage of PCs to use, its just that this one has everything I need and it's all configured like I like it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 03:14 AM

Kevin,
Thanks for the kind words. I was after a clean but not clinical look to the site without confusing graphics, so that the main emphisis was on the work and the images, hopefully this is what I achived. One of my main design problems was making the site interesting for a 3 parts of the business, restoration, commissions and the image library. I am still a little unsure as to whether I have fully achieved this but I suppose time will tell.

Paul,
I can send you all the meta details that are currently on the site, but it is pretty long. what are the other bits of information that you need? I will gather it all together and send you an email - or post it here, which is best for you?

Thanks for the help

Clare

Hopefully I will be up and running with the new laptop by the end of the week
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 09:42 AM

Clare,

You can send me the e-mail, that would be fine.

Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2003, 10:08 AM

Well it has taken all weekend and most of this morning, I still am not entirely happy with the internet connection sharing between my laptop and the gateway computer, (I haven't even tried the conection with my main PC ) but the good news is I am up and running again. So I can concentrate on my meta and page content. I need to update a few pages with some more images - this will probably take place at the end of the week as I have so much to catch up on..... this is crazy

So here it goes,

Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2003, 12:24 PM

At a place i used to work, I had to rebuild, from scratch, 12 training computers every other week!!

Rebuilding your own is a much more daunting task. Locating software that you had, registration numbers and the lot. Not a fun process.

Hope it all works well.

Paul
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website