RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Its up and running.... hopefully!

Old 03-10-2003, 06:12 PM

It all seems to still be working but I haven't tried turning it all off and back on.... I wanted to make good use of the internet before it posibily disapeared again

I have found while upgrading one of my gallery pages a whole set of links that go to the wrong place. Unfortunately it seems like my server update might be down at the moment - I have been trying to update and correct these links all night but I still can't seem to link

I will try again tomorrow - hopefully I will beable to correct these errors.

Where I have changed my site I have had quite a lot of broken links reported to me via my stats server, does anyone know how long the search engines will take to repair there links? Should I put up the pages again with a forwarding links to my revised site?

Thanks
Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2003, 09:31 PM

Placing a forwarding link would be the fastest way to get people to your site from the search engines. They update often, but they do not look at your pages every time. Also, if they find a broken link, they will remove it intirely.

HTH

Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2003, 06:34 AM

Thanks Paul,

I have been through and replaced all the missing links with my index page - I know this is probably not quite the right way to do this but I thought I would remove them as soon as google has located the correct pages. I think I have replaced them all but if anyone finds a missing link, I would really apreciate if you could post the page name and I will update my site ..... Thanks

I have also updated my floral gallery pages - there are now 6 pages of images - most were created with the SD9 - hope you like the new stuff

Clare
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website