Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

Need help understanding Opera

Old 03-28-2003, 09:12 PM
yeah i know that that is a very good reason but sometimes a life of a webmaster depends not on if it can be seen, but if the content dont use javascript or DHTML then i think all browsers can read it right? I mean opera is based also on netscape, like mozilla does. i tried to use opera though its hard too, i admit also. i'm not a good webpage designer but i think i can tell my idea here right? Thanks for sharing your idea. BTW, can i also see jeanie's site i dont have an url.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2003, 11:16 AM
My site:

Still under construction.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Just checked out Lotus Flower site - looking awesome!

I know the amount of work that goes into creating even a moderately complex website, and so I really appreciate the effort you have put forth already (and continue to put forth in testing and such!). It certainly shows!

While you are considering small percentage browsers and trying to make it so that your site is viewable on all, don't forget (well, you'll probably want to once you try it...I know I do!) WEBTV. I downloaded a free webtv viewer that shows what your site will look like to those who have that for viewing. It was very discouraging, because the format is totally different. IF you consider this, probably the best way would be to make a much simpler "mini site" just for that particular contingent.

Keep up the GREAT work - I know I will continue to check out your site occasionally so that I can become inspired from it!

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Gee, thanks BK. If I'd known how much work this would be, I never would have started it!

Thanks for the "tip" on WebTV. I've decided that I need to ignore the "minority" browsers for now or the site will never be done. Then again, perhaps I should create it as I go. I know that my pages don't look very good when printed, so I'm going to need to create "print versions" of my pages, which will probably work for WebTV as well. Pretty much a "duplicate" site. Aaaaaaa!

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website