RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Website Questions and (hopefully) answers about setting up your own business or gallery website

So many browsers, so little time....

Old 03-28-2003, 04:10 AM

Thank you all for trying it for me and BK thanks for the screen shot and extra information. I will try it with the default fonts and see if that makes a difference.

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2003, 07:37 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Sorry for the delay in trying the other web page, but I just got back online. After reading Jeanie's post, I decided to try both links, and they both come in fine this morning. Like Jeanie, I'm using Windows XP and IE 6.0.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2003, 07:08 PM

I'll muddy the water some, I can load both links with no problems. I'm using EudoraWeb pocket browser on my Handspring Trio 300. It was much more difficult logging in here though. I'd hate to use this as my only access for very long.

I don't think I will find any other portal but this until Friday when I get back home
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2003, 02:04 PM

Thank you for the feedback Kevin. I'm happy to know that you could load the pages on your handheld. One of the projects on my desk is to port this whole thing to handhelds since many of my son's customers will be using them to access information.

I don't have a handheld, and I have a question for you. Do many sites offer specail pages for handhelds, or do they expect you to thumb around awkwardly over their monstrous original pages??

Thanks Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2003, 12:41 AM

Well Margaret, I bragged too soon. After I posted the reply, using the Eudora browser, I found a limitation. It was unable to see beyond page one of the thread. I've been trying for about an hour to get the Blaser browser to get me to the forums page on this site. It isn't my default browser so I could'nt link in from the e-mail message. It always brings up the Eudora browser. There is no equal key on this keyboard for some reason so I couldn't type in the URL to the forum. Doug has no link to the forums on the home page outside of the pull out menu which I cannot access with either browser. I thought I would never get here!

Now, that being said, I am able to browse most of the major sites. There are many that do offer style sheets to help thiis small screen work. Mapquest even offers maps to suit this format. I think as these units hit the streets in big numbers there will be even more compatibility available.

Since this hotel doesn't offer Internet access I am glad I have it. The e-mail feature is especially nice to have. I have my Web site e-mail being forwarded to this phone and most of my work e-mail as well.

I am glad this isn't my primary browser but right now it is nice to have.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2003, 06:27 AM

Thanks Kevin, The more I dig into web development, the more I find how careful I need to be so as not to leave out a large part of our potential market.

I hope you're enjoying yourself!

Margaret
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Your Website