Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in London

Hi there,

Next spring i'll move to London to attend lecture of English language at LMC my course takes 52 weeks so i need a job there. I can choose between to times a day (till 12:00 or from 15:30). My professional practice at scanning and retouching. If you know about any opportunity or any advice how to get job as retoucher in London, plase let me know.

saby

Re: Work in London

Good Luck... You will need it!

Jeff

www.ftpcreative.co.uk

Comment

Go to bed each night with a copy of the bible clasped to your breast
      Last edited by Markzebra; 09-26-2007, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Markzebra View Post
        Go to bed each night with a copy of the bible clasped to your breast
        You've never tried eastern-europe, don't exactly know what are you talking about, but there couldn't be more serious in London than here.
        Companies are running for the initial capital, so they want high-quality, verrry quick and verrry cheap, on HQ i mean product must be marketable at Frankfurt Book Fair as well at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair, but You know how it is, so could you tell me something about your alarm?

saby
        Last edited by saby; 09-26-2007, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Send me samples of your work... Together with a copy of your UK work permit. I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I'll email them for You at Your site, but what kind of permit You mean(I'm in EU)?

saby
            [email protected]

Comment

you will need bank account here, as well as National insurance number, so as salary, income tax and national insurance can be paid.

Jeff

Comment

Send samples of work direct to me

[email protected]

Jeff

Comment

I see, You know best, that is the most difficult thing to get an account, but i'll move there to learn english and want to have dlicence as well so if i want to pay from account how could i? I'll be able, i hope so.

saby

Comment

To get a bank account, you need a UK address, a job, or college placement.
                    It HAS to be a government listed college, not one of the 100's of bogus ones here in london! Without these things, you will have a bad time. Rightly so too!
                    As a nation we are getting a bit fed up with spongers coming over.

But as long as you meet the above criteria, you will have a great time.

Else like all the others, you will be sleeping on the street !

Comment

how can i check this college: http://www.meridiancollege.co.uk/ in the gov.'s list? I heared good things about, but i got what you say.

saby

Comment

Get in touch with the British embassy.

Jeff

Comment

The problem with these London "so called" colleges is.... They are run by foreigners for easy target foreign visitors. They are purely after your money!
                          It does the students no good, it does our economy no good! Get in touch with the british embassy, they will tell you all the legal implications. It may not be what you want to hear. But there are a lot of exploited Eastern europeans here at the moment, living in poverty, and earning next to nothing! AND the people organising it are wealthy "FAT CAT" eastern europeans!!! It is a real problem here in the UK!
                          Get advice from the correct people, they will not give you false hope!
                          The streets are not paved with gold here in London.... Why do you think I am leaving? The streets are paved with homeless people!

Comment

Jeff,

Now the .zip file is loading up to Your server

Originally posted by ftp-Jeff View Post
                            ...The streets are not paved with gold here in London...
                            That's what i really never tought, but i think if i could get job there i won't have to pay 45%(it's not a joke) for the incometax, as i have to do it now. But the matter i want to move there, is not about the moneyl, i need my english better as You see.
                            About the streets: there are lots of homeless here, especially in cities there are lots of hard fated, but there are lots of lame ducks, i think if i want to do something and i'm in health, it depends on me first of first

saby

Comment

Well income tax... NI contributions... council tax... VAT... Plus all the stealth taxes..... Probably work out to more than 45%!

Comment