Father's Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Pictures

40 years ago my father took many pictures of historical homes and buildings in our county. Many now on a register of sorts at the historical society. He used to give slide presentations at times to grade school classes so show the old architecture and style of building the old brick homes in the 1700's. My father was not a professional photographer and just did this as a hobby. Since his death my mother gave me all his slides including the ones mentioned above of the old houses. After seeing the slides and how great a job he did I have decided to print these slides and possibly use a program to make them look painted. Then frame them and sell them at shops in the area. Am I violating any copyright laws. Please comment.

bcarll

Re: Father's Pictures

See this link here at RTP. When you follow it, you most likely will get your answers.

http://www.retouchpro.com/library/sh...owdetails&l=35

Good Luck,

Janet

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I think you might consider offering a choice - a copy of the original, as well as your painted version. I know I would prefer to see the actual historical photo.

Comment

Regarding copyright

Stanford University has a great website entitled "Copyright & Fair Use". From that website comes this information regarding the use of "property releases".

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyrigh...12/12-d.html#2

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MissBenedict
          Photographer and my pictures
          by MissBenedict
          Hi,
          I recently had a photographer take some pictures for a calendar he wanted to do. We never did any paperwork on the photos or the calendar. now it look like he is not going to pay me my share from the calendar.
          Is ha allowed to make money on any of my pictures at all since we did no...
          01-27-2011, 12:50 PM
        • g2000blue
          Where to find copyright free or released pictures?
          by g2000blue
          Hi, I want to get some pictures that I can retouch and use as ad examples for my website. There are many websites selling pictures with loyalty-free releases or some commercial-usage releases. I don't mind paying, but I could barely find any good examples because obviously they have been retouched or...
          04-03-2009, 02:05 PM
        • terrypatrick
          Taking pictures of or scanning old pictures
          by terrypatrick
          What is best?

I have a ton of old pictures that we just found. Should I buy a good scanner and scan them or take a picture of them and try to improve them through photoshop?

thanks...
          07-16-2013, 08:02 PM
        • jllinko
          Pre 1923 Public Domain Images
          by jllinko
          I want to start a personal web site about the history of my small local county. It is my understanding the pre 1923 photos are public domain. But can I copy and use pre 1923 photos that appear on websites that sell these old photos without paying them? Or, I have a copy of The History of Knox County,...
          03-12-2010, 09:58 AM
        • nebgranny
          Collages
          by nebgranny
          I make photo collages all the time. If I am using the customers own digital pictures to do the work , when the collage is completed is it ok to put my name and copy right sign on the back of my completed work so it can not be duplicated without my permission?

I must say the pictures...
          09-19-2006, 02:15 PM
        Working...
        X