Illegal to do business with Cubans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal to do business with Cubans?

I'm self employed, my job is photo retouching. I have a potential client in Cuba but because of the Embargo act they cannot pay me through paypal. My bank said it's possible for them to do a wire transfer and they gave me an international routing number I could give him. I informed them about my self employment and that he's from Cuba and all seemed fine but a friend of mine whos a business man says that as far as he knew it was illegal to do business with Cuba. Can anyone enlighten me with some information?

Re: Illegal to do business with Cubans?

Unless the work is for humanitarian reasons, you can face up to 10 years in prison and thousands of dollars in fines. This is assuming you're a US citizen.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Arg... guess I'll have to pass this client up. Atleast I got a bit of an education from having to look into all of this.

--------------------------
      http://www.retouchshoppe.com

Comment

Don't get me started about the Cuban embargo...

Comment

set up a PO box in canada.

oh yeh, is necro-posting bad?

Comment

Originally posted by synthetamine View Post
            oh yeh, is necro-posting bad?
            Not bad, per se, I just want people to think twice about it. That's why I don't block it, I just add an extra step.
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Aric
              lets talk about running a retouching business.
              by Aric
              There are a few photographic groups in my area, and there is even a group of retouchers in my area. P.A.T. Photographic Artists of Texas. At least twice a year I hold a workshop on digital retouching. Usually I focus on technique, but the last one I focused (no pun intended) on how I ran my business....
              07-26-2002, 09:06 AM
            • twinkissed
              Restarting from scratch and need advice
              by twinkissed
              Ok I used to have a business. I went and obtained a "business license" and got a website. I ended up with nothing but trouble. I got bombarded with people telling me that by law I had to get these "Labor Law" signs and then the property appraiser said I had to file this form for...
              06-27-2006, 10:00 PM
            • Amy.Read
              Business Work Flows...
              by Amy.Read
              Hi everyone,

I recently had some issues with a photographer which have now been resolved.
              I would really like some pointers on business workflows such as...

1. Payment up front or after?
              2. Invoice/statements terms and conditions.
              3. Procedure for...
              09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
            • jenjen
              frustrated with new business
              by jenjen
              HI everyone! I started my own business with photo restoration back in the summer. I did some advertising but was limited because i don't have any extra money. I put a ad in the paper and handed out some fliers and posted a post card flier in some convenient stores. I haven't had one call or anything....
              12-27-2005, 10:26 AM
            • Juliana Cichy
              New Business
              by Juliana Cichy
              Ideas for marketing a retouching business
              02-04-2005, 10:11 AM
            Working...
            X