Copyrighted Photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyrighted Photo?

I started to give an answer to the question in THIS THREAD in the Help Requested forum, but after it loaded and I saw what it was I thought I'd better check.

Obviously a copyrighted image autographed by the subject.

Any thoughts on this sort of thing?

Fortunately the image wasn't uploaded to this site! At least it is not an NFL player (it sure doesn't look like pro uniforms anyway); more likely a college or high school shot that the player autographed.

You might ask about the origin, the owner's permission and all that. Maybe he's doing it as a gift for the player to his mother or whatever. Maybe he's the original photographer.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• skydog
      Soccer
      by skydog
      Since I've been asking questions you've been giving me help and advice, I thought I'd also share (what little I now know). Enclosed is a recent photo I took at a soccer match. I would say I had a good sharp shot to work with which I definitely find to be helpful. For this photo, I adjusted levels,...
      07-14-2006, 05:15 AM
    • CJ Max
      Help needed in dating a photo....
      by CJ Max
      If anyone out there can help me in dating this photograph, I would appreciate it very much.

Here is the link: http://www.pbase.com/image/41985990/large

In the album from which it came, it was placed before an image that I know was captured in 1869 although this may be...
      04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
    • caliph
      Retouching in this photo- What did the artist do?
      by caliph
      Ladies and Gents,

please have a quick look at the attached photo.
      What did the artist retouch in this picture to create this atmosphere?

First Picture:
      http://www.joannatuczynska.com/?pages/galleries/PLICH

Color balance?
      Filters?

07-15-2009, 01:28 PM
    • pcather
      When do you not need photographer's permission?
      by pcather
      I'm in just starting in business doing photo restoration and enhancement. I want to make sure that everything I do is ethical. Here are two scenarios I'm faced with. I like to know your thoughts.

1) One client wants a photo to be restored. The photo is at least 70 years old. It is...
      12-13-2009, 12:02 PM
    • keepemcomin
      I have a legal question
      by keepemcomin
      We got our pictures taken for the church directory and they came out really well. I have an adorable picture of our two kids, ages 24 months and 13 months. They were taken by Olan Mills and have the mark on the bottom left-hand corner of the picture. I was wondering if it would be illegal or wrong of...
      02-25-2005, 09:20 AM
    Working...
    X