Do you use a Wacom Tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use a Wacom Tablet?

I am interested to know how many people use Wacom tablets. My main interest is Beauty and Fashion retouching and I am contemplating buying one.
    Yes
    79.89%
    No
    20.11%

I use a mouse, not tablet and pen, i did buy one, i hated it, went back to using the mouse, i use the mouse in painter also.

Comment

I love my tablet! I have the Wacom 5x3 or whatever the smallest one is. I really enjoy for some of the brush work in PS. I use kb, mouse and tablet pretty equally depending on the tool. For example, I find my cropping is more accurate with the mouse. Dodging, burning, making freehand selections are easier with the tablet. And switching tools is very easy with the kb. It's just another tool to make some things easier.

Comment

I still use my mouse a fair bit, but find the tablet terrific particularly for things like fine masking.

If in doubt, you can always get an entry model - like the 4x5 Graphire3 - that's what I have and I think it's a great extra tool.

Have a search in the forum - there are a number of lengthy threads on Wacom tablets already.

Comment

Funny, I used to wish I had one but now, I dunno, I just kinda prefer my mouse. Guess I just am used to it.

Comment

Jobs that require Wacom tablet experience

I have seen some retouching jobs that specify experience on a Wacom tablet.

Comment

Wacom For Shure!

A Tablet Is defenetly needed when you are retouching! Alot of advantages to using a mouse. I takes a little practice to get used to it. A tablet is preassure sensitive... meaning i reads the preassure on you you use your pen creating unachiavable results that the mouse can't. When it comes to size of tablet ... size matters. I use a Wacom Intuos 6" X 8" and it works for me. The 9" X 12" its nice but at least for me is not as portable. I travel alot so I stick with the 6" X 8". Hope this helps you out...

Comment

Nice website NABO

Just browsing through your website now. Some great images there.

Comment

I'm using the Wacom Cintiq 21UX. That's the one where the monitor is built into the surface of the tablet so that you use the pen right on screen.

I will never to back to using just a mouse.

Comment

wow

That sounds fantastic

Comment

I have a Wacom and an el'cheapo Aiptek model. I recommend the Wacom.

Comment

Shelby

I use a wacom for everything. I don't even have a mouse attached to the computer anymore.
                        I can't even imagine retouching with a mouse now.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Racc Iria
                          I'm using the Wacom Cintiq 21UX. That's the one where the monitor is built into the surface of the tablet so that you use the pen right on screen.

I will never to back to using just a mouse.
                          After seeing this topic and post though... rethinking my Christmas list

Comment

Working with the mouse is like drawing with a bar of soap. The tablet and pen makes it far easier and quicker for me.

Comment

Wacom of course

it gives a far more natural 'feel' especially when brushing.

Comment