Is Paypal takes commission ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Paypal takes commission ?

I came to know through the previous forums that PAYPAL is a best way to receive and give payment. If we receive payment from different countries into our bank account, paypal takes commission ? I don't have enough knowledge abt online paymenys please help me to understand.

If you use the commercial option (ie: allow the use of charge cards) then there is a small commission. If you stick with the most basic option it's free. Double-check this, as my info is old.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thank You !

Thank you Doug Nelson ! But I want to know fact. Please help me.

Comment

Depending on where you are, some of the options aren't available.

Here in Brazil you can't credit your bank account directly. There are some nice friendly people that will do that for you (at a percentage of course!)

Haven't used it yet - but I plan to.

Comment

Yes, even if it's a payment from one PayPal account to another, PayPal does deduct a small fee. All the info about how much they take is available on their website.

Comment

I use Paypal and it does take a fee for every transaction, but you figure you're paying for the convience of their service. I hate waiting on money orders in the mail. Instant gratification. Their fee structure is posted on the site.

Comment

Exactly Doug, if you accept credit card payments through paypal there is a very small fee but if you don't accept the credit cards and just paypal transfer (in other words, they have funds in their Paypal account) there shouldn't be. Most customers prefer those who accept credit cards. They take a small percentage but keeping a customer happy is worth the tiny amount.

Comment

Originally posted by twinkissed
                Exactly Doug, if you accept credit card payments through paypal there is a very small fee but if you don't accept the credit cards and just paypal transfer (in other words, they have funds in their Paypal account) there shouldn't be.
                There would be no Paypal fee for the buyer, but there still would be a Paypal fee for the seller. It's still a monetary transaction through PayPal regardless of where the funds come from. For example, I accept donations on my website through PayPal - even if the funds are from another PayPal account, I am still charged a fee per transaction like any business level account at a bank.

Comment

I apologize, I was thinking of the "personal account"

Here is from Paypal...

"Personal Account

Ideal if you primarily send payments, such as for eBay items or online subscriptions. With a Personal account, you can send and receive money for free—but you cannot accept debit or credit card payments. You will also have access to PayPal’s basic features, including PayPal Buyer Protection on qualifying eBay purchases.

If you do business online, choose a Premier or Business account instead. Both include dozens of exclusive features to enhance and manage your sales. In addition, Premier and Business accounts can accept credit card payments."

That's what I was thinking of.

Comment