Gallery website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery website

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a website/gallery that I could upload samples of my work to as a sort of resume. One that I could describe a little about each pic etc. I would ideally prefer that it has a black background but will consider anything at this stage. I am based in the UK and don't have a credit card or I would go with smugmug. Thanx to you all in advance.

If I had the know how I would like to make my own with roll overs but have little time on my hands with 5 kids and with just starting out as a telemarketer from home, I am going to have even less!

Sign up for free web hosting at awardspace.com, then use Jalbum to create an examples gallery.

http://jalbum.net/

http://www.awardspace.com

example gallery below

http://contest.awardspace.com
    You can add info to the image description, so it shows on the gallery

Any problems, either reply here or on the awardspace support forum where I am mod.

Comment

Ooh...that looks really great...thank you very much. Once I have done that I will come back and show it off!

Comment

When you have created your awardspace account, login to the control panel and create a subdomain (eg: ziaphra.awardspace.com) in the subdomain manager. This will then be your site address, and you can create galleries or a full website in there. You can have up to 5 sites/subdomains on the free hosting accounts.
        I use them for testing stuff for my site, by running a mirror site with them. It's a great way of getting a site up and running for free .

Just a note:
        This web space hosting is in beta development stages, so you may notice it slowing down every now and again. But the service itself is VERY good, and it's totally free with no popup ads etc .

Comment

You are a star...thanx again!

Comment

I like Deviant Art myself. And you can get a print account for only $25.00 for a lifetime membership.

Comment

gfxartist.com

Best members online.

Comment

I might be missing it but I can't find the sub domain area... I don't get any options when I log in.

Originally posted by chrishoggy
                When you have created your awardspace account, login to the control panel and create a subdomain (eg: ziaphra.awardspace.com) in the subdomain manager. This will then be your site address, and you can create galleries or a full website in there. You can have up to 5 sites/subdomains on the free hosting accounts.
                I use them for testing stuff for my site, by running a mirror site with them. It's a great way of getting a site up and running for free .

Just a note:
                This web space hosting is in beta development stages, so you may notice it slowing down every now and again. But the service itself is VERY good, and it's totally free with no popup ads etc .

Comment

After you log in to the control panel
                  http://www.awardspace.com/members.html

click on subdomain manager

You will see a gray box with .awardspace.com after it. Enter the name you want for your site in the box (Ziaphra) and click "Add Subdomain".

Thats your site area up and running

Now lets say you choose Ziaphra.awardspace.com as your subdomain, these are the settings you need to enter in Jalbums "Publish" section

FTP Server = Ziaphra.awardspace.com
                  User name and password = the same as your account login details
                  Port = leave this at 21
                  Remote directory = Ziaphra.awardspace.com
                  Web Directory = Leave this blank

Make sure the Passive mode box is ticked

You are now ready to have a fully functioning site/album created with Jalbum

Comment

I don't know why but I cannot see the subdomain manager you are talking about???

Comment

Once logged in to control panel. You will see usage stats down the left hand side, and Icons to the right. Second icon on the top row should be Subdomain manager. It's an Icon that looks like a monitor
                      Click on it and you are then taken to subdomain manager

Comment

Here is a screenshot of what I see...thanx so much for your patience!
                        Attached Files

Comment

You need to log in to see the control panel. Enter your login details in the boxes shown in top left of your picture and you will then be in the control pannel Your name and password will have been in the welcome Email you got when you signed up

Comment

I have logged in over and over and that is all I get.

Comment

Sorry for all the trouble...I just realised they had Ziaphra as ziaphra (lower case Z)!!! Such a simple thing can toss you around for so long! Thanx again for your patience.

Yeeeeehah!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X