Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retouching advice

Hi!

I´m looking for good fashion/portrait/glamour images to manipulate and retouch. I´m thinking of building a site with "before and afters" and need this sort material... I´ve been browsing many stock photography websites but the really good images already seem to be retouched. Does anyone have any advise as where to search on this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Retouching advice

This will keep you busy....

http://images.google.co.uk/images?sv...old+photograph

Comment

Have you tried posting an ad right on this site over in the Classifieds? I'm sure someone would take you up on a free newbie retouching job in exchange for shots to use in your portfolio. Just don't let anyone take too much advantage of your free work. For example, don't get roped into doing 300 boring shots that you wouldn't really use in your portfolio. Only work with the ones you like, or the ones that will give you practice.

Comment

I think I just took my own advice earlier today. Funny how I had answered my own question by reading advice I had provided to another. I guess I should remember to listen to my instincts.

LF

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Lithodia
          Any advice about Retouching/Shooting in Italy
          by Lithodia
          Hi all,
          Its been a while since i have been on this forum, this place has always been good to me in terms of advice so here it goes. I am currently in china and I want to spend at least 6 months in either Rome or Milan. I speak intermediate Italian and have a good portfolio along with tears of...
          03-22-2010, 03:57 AM
        • Tjoiner
          Need advice for breaking into retouching!
          by Tjoiner
          I am a late-in-life beauty retoucher. More specifically, I'm a 38 yo Nyc makeup artist who's obsessed with retouching. It fills some obsessive-compulsive need in me like picking scabs or something. Sorry for that visual.

That said, I have no idea how to go about getting my foot in...
          12-16-2011, 11:21 AM
        • Hannah.
          Advice Please! :-)
          by Hannah.
          Hi everyone,

I've just graduated this year in Photography from Nottingham Trent University and am really keen to get into the retouching industry, starting as an assistant or something like that.

Does anyone have any advice as to the best approach to getting work etc? It...
          09-29-2010, 10:28 AM
        • JenniferCameron
          Advice on starting out
          by JenniferCameron
          Hello and thank you in advance for your advice.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, I've been learning/practicing photo retouching and restoration for about 3 years. I'm really interested in doing this as a career, but I'm really not sure where to start. I have some experience restoring photos...
          11-09-2010, 01:53 PM
        • baryon
          I need your advice: how is my retouching?
          by baryon
          Hi everyone!

Here's my before/after retouching portfolio so far: [URL expired]

Thanks so much!
          08-23-2013, 04:33 AM
        Working...
        X