Shipping your work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping your work

I'm wondering what steps y'all take when shipping back client originals and your finished work?

I myself use a standard photomailer (though i put each individual item in an archival plastic sleeve), put that all in one of those Tyvek envelopes supplied by the post office, and ship using insurance (collecting on old photos would be problematic, so I insure for the value of my work and figure I'd eat the loss for the client if something happened) and required signature (don't want these sitting out in a hot mailbox or wherever, or have the client say "never got it").

Typically this costs about $8 using the post office. FedEx has a new residential service that would save about $4 and a trip to the PO, but they won't pick up from homes, only businesses. UPS used to pick up from homes, but now they won't.

So add "who do you ship with" to my initial question.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Haven't had to ship to many so far but I use US mail. I put the photo in a photo envelope sandwiched between cardboard and then I ship insured and make sure to get a tracking number on it. But like I said, so far my clients have come to my house. Lucky for me.

DJ

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
      Think About This!
      by Ed_L
      Movie theatres, florists, craft shops, cotton candy, art fairs, gift shops, Radio Shack, video stores. What do they have in common? They are all in direct competition with you for the expendable dollar. Now you have to put your thinking cap on. What can you do to get your fair share? I don't expect...
      08-11-2001, 11:51 AM
    • Doug Nelson
      Deposits
      by Doug Nelson
      I do no over-the-counter business (or even in-person business), so pardon if I wax theoretical (wax on, wax off).

So, a client walks up to your counter with an image to be restored that they don't want to leave with you. No problem. Using your white gloves, you either scan it or make...
      05-24-2002, 01:44 PM
    • trieuchains
      Unpaid work that has been published
      by trieuchains
      Hi everyone,

First post! My previous boss (Mr. B) referred me to this other company (Company X) where I was hired as an independent contractor to create press clips and I signed a 1099 with them. They were preparing a photo shoot for their next collection and Mr. B told me that retouches...
      03-10-2014, 08:38 PM
    • grafx
      A bit of a business question
      by grafx
      Ok in a nutshell I need to know if I handled something properly:
      I have client that has a very large clientele base and shoots many photos which I then retouch. The money is good, but it can be stressful at times. In the last 3-4 months my client has been getting rather bad at paying on time...
      07-26-2004, 10:58 AM
    • chiquitita
      How old are the majority of your clients?
      by chiquitita
      How old are the majority of your clients?
      under 30
      13.51%
      30 - 40
      24.32%
      41 - 50
      21.62%
      51 - 60
      29.73%
      61 - 70
      8.11%
      71 +
      2.70%