Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Level retouching expected from Junior applicant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level retouching expected from Junior applicant?

Could someone possibly give me some advice on what level of Retouching you would expect from a Junior applicant? For example, exactly what Photoshop skills etc are needed? I'm gradually working my way through areas of Photoshop I never even knew existed!...I've used it for 10 years at least (since School), but often used the same processes over and again and have been trying to catch up with all the many gaps in my Photoshop knowledge.

I'd like to be able to go to an interview being certain I am at least at an acceptable level (hopefully better than acceptable!) for the position. If I were able to get some advice from a professional/retouching business source or someone who has been for retouching interviews then this would be invaluable for my preparation and really appreciatied.

Many thanks

Tor

Re: Level retouching expected from Junior applican

If I was to hire someone, regardless of the level, I would expect the individual to know every tool, how they work and their best usage.... since there are different tools that almost do the same thing...

I would categorize the individual as "jr" or "sr" based on the quality of the work and how fast they arrived at the "final" point.

I would not be to concerned if the person did, whatever needed to be done, using one method or another, and I would not use that as a way to "define" them.

Originally posted by Toriat100 View Post
    Could someone possibly give me some advice on ... Many thanks
    Tor

Comment

Re: Level retouching expected from Junior applican

Hi, thanks so much, that is great advice! I think I'll go sharpen up on my keyboard shortcuts and see if I can speed up a bit!

Comment

Working...
      X