Retouching work in Louisville, Ky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retouching work in Louisville, Ky

I've very recently re-located to Louisville from NYC and finding work in my field has been pretty discouraging. I know that somewhere in the city of Louisville, someone is in need of an accomplished Photoshop guy but finding them is not easy. I've contacted some employment agencies, and when I say "I'm a digital retoucher", I get this silence and though I'd just spoken in a foreign language. So if anyone has any digital imaging connections in or around the Louisville area, I'd greatly appreciate your contact.

Re: Retouching work in Louisville, Ky

Hi Digitalartetc.
    I did some contract work in New Albany, IN which is accross the bridge from LouVul, KY. However, I was more of a Production Artist. A lot of Quark and some Photoshop work. My old company is called TMP Worldwide, who used to own Monster.com but now it's the other way around. If you're searching for a job in the graphic arts field, this may be a good choice. Not a lot of creativity, however. If you solely want to do retouch, then I don't know of any colorhouses. I don't believe there's a lot of work as far as retouching goes over there. Try to do a search for pre-press house or color house in Louisville. Contact photographers. However, photographers don't pay well unless they are established, well known, and charges their clients an arm and a leg.

I know my current company (RR Donnelley) has a Press facility in KY and we're actually looking for Retouchers. However, the retouch work is in SF where I am. Check out craigslist in San Francisco just to get an idea.

Anyways, good luck on your search and best to you.

Don

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Johnny retouch
      Where's A good place to work in New York?
      by Johnny retouch
      I may be looking for work as a retoucher in the New York, Long Island area. I have about 4 years experience on Photoshop. What kind of salary can I expect? Thank you.
      02-03-2011, 10:56 AM
    • PTS
      Retouching in Los Angeles, CA.
      by PTS
      Hi.

I'm moving to Los Angeles from the UK next month, and will be looking for photoshop retouching work. I wanted to seek advice from anyone who lives in LA and working within design / retouching, or knows someone who does. I've worked within mostly cosmetic retouching for years now,...
      01-23-2003, 03:15 PM
    • ftp-Jeff
      Anniversary....
      by ftp-Jeff
      Well, this is my 45th year in retouching! In 5 years, I hit retirement age. So wondering what is next. I could carry on retouching, or I could do something different... So I am asking for any input from you guys.

2 things spring to mind.

Training / Coaching.

03-02-2017, 06:14 PM
    • gdillon
      Salary Quote for Full-Time Retouching Position?
      by gdillon
      Hi, all,

I'm about to be offered a full-time retouching position at an image agency that deals with high-end, fashiony celebrity portraits. The position isn't locked away, but the first interview went well and they would "love to bring me on," pending my meeting next week with...
      02-25-2004, 11:25 AM
    • Shobbe
      How do I find Part time work in Retouching?
      by Shobbe
      Hello all,

Are their any female or male retouchers out there that are struggling to find a work/life balance with home and family? I am a female retoucher with 17 years experience but have recently had to leave a fulltime job because it was taking over my life, I never saw my children...
      01-29-2013, 06:31 AM
    Working...
    X