rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rates

of course i don't expect anyone to tell me their rate, but tips would be nice, im new to the industry, young and looking for experience over cash if im honest. I have some job offers on the go atm but i have no idea how much to charge, how would you guys recommend i go about working out my rates?

many thanks

Re: rates

I have no clue what the ideal price is in London, but it's always better to charge per image or project as oppose to hourly rate, so you don't have to hear something like, "It took you how many hours? I thought it only gonna take you a few minutes 'cause that's what you do."

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• seedomo
      Shedding some light on pay rates.
      by seedomo
      I'm retouching for editorial photographers who shoot celebrities, politicians, and CEO's for magazines like Time and Fortune. I'm billing $75 per hour. That's here in NYC. The budget usually only covers a few hours. What about you guys? Some exact numbers would be beneficial for everyone I think. Perhaps...
      10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
    • sm00
      Are my rates too cheap?
      by sm00
      Most of my clients live in England and that is the market I'm targeting. I currently do creative retouching for photographers part-time (but recently have had some commercial requests).

A photographer friend advised me to charge around £12 per image for fashion and beauty. So this is...
      11-23-2015, 08:58 AM
    • Ikiri
      Hourly rates
      by Ikiri
      Interesting link on PDN:
      http://pdnpulse.com/2011/10/what-do-...g-and-how.html
      10-21-2011, 05:39 AM
    • cygnus
      How much to charge
      by cygnus
      Hi

I run a small side business of shooting table tops for web stores. This has given me some exposure of using PS to manipulate images I shoot. Off late I have been receive request for retouching/ manipulating pictures shot by other photographers and I am not sure as to what should I...
      10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
    • lcramer53
      Vehicle Wrap - Graphic Artist Rates
      by lcramer53
      One Wrap company said that their graphic artist rate was a flat $95, I don't know how a flat rate like this could work when the client is expecting several custom and varying designs from which to choose. Rate ideas?
      10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
    Working...
    X