Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

Just trying to get some extra work (night and weekends) regardless of industry I’m in.
    I‘ve responded and posted on craiglist (pointless), I was looking at monster.com not so much to look for. If you have any suggestions or advice how to go about this in NY I would really appreciate it.
    Best regards,
    Edagr
    www.edgarmaivel.com

Re: Advice Please

Sorry Edgar, sitting on the other side of the world...maybe someone else can help

Comment

Edgar.

The 1st thing you should do is show the before and after of each piece.
      It is impossible to tell what you did as far as retouching goes.
      Since you are in NY, my advice is to start hitting the pavement and showing your book.
      Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sonny7 View Post
        Since you are in NY, my advice is to start hitting the pavement and showing your book.
        Good Luck.
        Ditto here. it helps that you want to work nights, but I don't know if you'll find weekend work unless you want to establish a relationship with a few places, and take it home over the weekend. Most places aren't open on the weekends.

Polish your skills all the time. Balance your book with some beauty work.

Good retouchers are hard to find.

Comment

Thank You, to all of you! Yes I have no problem to work from home also since I have all necessary tools at home as well. I’m polishing it every single day either practical or reading (NY subway trips can be translated in books).I’m in process of redesign the website. Please tell me if the 8x10 portfolio for retouching should be fine, any suggestions?
          Best regards,
          Edgar

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dcarr
            Some advice please
            by dcarr
            Hello to any who remember me,

It's been a while for sure. I'm able to spend more time here and with photos now, so I hope to become more active.

I am working on this photo, and could use some advice, as I am quite rusty. I'd like to brighten, make more natural, remove...
            04-13-2014, 10:17 AM
          • Lithodia
            Any advice about Retouching/Shooting in Italy
            by Lithodia
            Hi all,
            Its been a while since i have been on this forum, this place has always been good to me in terms of advice so here it goes. I am currently in china and I want to spend at least 6 months in either Rome or Milan. I speak intermediate Italian and have a good portfolio along with tears of...
            03-22-2010, 02:57 AM
          • JenniferCameron
            Advice on starting out
            by JenniferCameron
            Hello and thank you in advance for your advice.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, I've been learning/practicing photo retouching and restoration for about 3 years. I'm really interested in doing this as a career, but I'm really not sure where to start. I have some experience restoring photos...
            11-09-2010, 12:53 PM
          • garnet01
            Please have a look and give advice
            by garnet01
            A simple website still needs some more pages (clients, etc..) but could you guys give me a shout and say how you feel it looks.
            Cheers
            www.garethpritchard.co.uk
            11-16-2010, 05:02 AM
          • Hannah.
            Advice Please! :-)
            by Hannah.
            Hi everyone,

I've just graduated this year in Photography from Nottingham Trent University and am really keen to get into the retouching industry, starting as an assistant or something like that.

Does anyone have any advice as to the best approach to getting work etc? It...
            09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
          Working...
          X