X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amy.Read
    • Dec 2007

Getting represented by an agent...

Does anybody know who is out there in terms of retouching agents?

I only know of a few but they are in the states, and it seems so hard to find them on google searches.

I'm in the UK, I'm currently a self employed retoucher but need to get more consistent work in.

Anyone got any good/bad experiences with agents?

Thanks, Amy

• jagerman
    • Jan 2008

Re: Getting represented by an agent...

Have you tried these guys? http://www.happyfinish.net

Good luck, -W

Comment

• jagerman
      • Jan 2008

Oh, and on the good or bad experience. I have always had bad experiences with agents. It stems from the fact that they will not represent me.

Anyway, I do have a few friends (photographers and a retoucher) that have reps and all seems good when the work is coming in. But when things get slow or you choose a lazy rep. I am sure it is hard to give up that 25% on every job. Even if you booked it, you still owe it.

-W

Comment

• Dutch Rich
        • Mar 2008

That sounds like a retouching company to me instead of an independent agent.

Comment

• jessibelle15
          • Sep 2007

I would agree. My agent tacks her fee on to my hourly rate and the client pays it, I personally don't pay my agent anything. And, unless she's getting me the work, she doesn't make any money which is her incentive to find me work.

Comment

• zganie
            • Mar 2005

Agents are in business to make money like everyone else and unless they think they can make money with you ,they do not want to know

Comment