Advice on bidding or work with bidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on bidding or work with bidding

Hi everyone! I just joined here! I'm looking for advice.
    I've been working freelance as a photo retoucher for about 7 years now. I'm just getting into the bidding market, however, I'm usually out bidded by foreign freelancers (India and Pakistan). Does anyone know of any sites that don't require bidding, or sites that I can find work doing photo retouching?

Re: Advice on bidding or work with bidding

i think most ad agency's that outsource use some sort of bidding process, even if it is among the local population...

Comment

Re: Advice on bidding or work with bidding

Thanks pixelzombie,

What's your advice on the best bidding sites? I've joined several including Freelance Designers, IFreelance, and The Creative Group. Do you know of any others?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• NocturnlCreativ
        New Freelancer looking for advice
        by NocturnlCreativ
        Hi everyone! I just joined here! I'm looking for advice on a few things..

First of all, I've been working as a retoucher for about 5 years now. Out of college (2003) I started working for a photographer who used me as his retoucher/phone op/studio manager/etc. He paid me $10/hr which...
        08-10-2008, 01:25 AM
      • Lithodia
        Any advice about Retouching/Shooting in Italy
        by Lithodia
        Hi all,
        Its been a while since i have been on this forum, this place has always been good to me in terms of advice so here it goes. I am currently in china and I want to spend at least 6 months in either Rome or Milan. I speak intermediate Italian and have a good portfolio along with tears of...
        03-22-2010, 02:57 AM
      • DiamondsDr47
        Advice Please
        by DiamondsDr47
        Just trying to get some extra work (night and weekends) regardless of industry I’m in.
        I‘ve responded and posted on craiglist (pointless), I was looking at monster.com not so much to look for. If you have any suggestions or advice how to go about this in NY I would really appreciate it....
        04-23-2008, 11:52 AM
      • Hannah.
        Advice Please! :-)
        by Hannah.
        Hi everyone,

I've just graduated this year in Photography from Nottingham Trent University and am really keen to get into the retouching industry, starting as an assistant or something like that.

Does anyone have any advice as to the best approach to getting work etc? It...
        09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
      • dcarr
        Some advice please
        by dcarr
        Hello to any who remember me,

It's been a while for sure. I'm able to spend more time here and with photos now, so I hope to become more active.

I am working on this photo, and could use some advice, as I am quite rusty. I'd like to brighten, make more natural, remove...
        04-13-2014, 10:17 AM
      Working...
      X