Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you do jewelry photo retouching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you do jewelry photo retouching?

I figure there must be less people who do this(jewelry photo retouching), as most people want to get into model photo retouching.

Re: How many of you do jewelry photo retouching?

...i'm one of them, and at the moment i dont even have time to expand to anything else
    but jewelry...

Comment

I do jewelry also, just not as much and not as well. Though I have my moments!

Chris

Comment

I do jewelry photo retouching

Comment

I've done some, and I loved it - I wish more came my way, but what I get is all flesh flesh flesh.

Comment

I did mostly jewelry retouching with some beauty/fashion mixed in for about 1 1/2 years. Now I am doing product and lifestyles. Missing the Beauty/fashion, not so much the jewelry.

~~~~nancy

___------------------------------
            www.photoart123.com

Comment

Recently, I've got one customer with big jewelry shots and one, I was told - with ''fashion booklet'', which I like to do. Surprisingly, the spread of the booklet contained a model, wearing jewelry on the right page and that jewelry - on the left!
              Jewelry retouch is in a very high demand these days, maybe...

Comment

Catherine-
                I do it every day. Much of jewelry advertising uses models, so I've become a jewelry/beauty retoucher- two of the least demanding things to do (ha)!

Comment

I have taken jewelry photos for the last 9 years and have retouched every one of jewelry photos that I took.
                  http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...4929&albumId=0
                  These are just some examples.

Comment

I have latest retouching/jewelry styling work posted on the company's website. I did the dust removal, brighten up stones, clean stones, sharpen, brighten and smooth the metals, removed wax, clipping out unwanted background props and changing some background, I basically tried to keep the original brilliance of the stones. Because those things can't be invented in photoshop, and working with a good jewelry photographer really makes my job much easier. I styled the set up in the photos as well.
                    http://www.shsilver.com/Collections/...tion-2008.html
                    Hope you would enjoy looking through them and email me if you want jewelry retouching work done
                    [email protected]

Comment

I do lots of replacing colors and replacing stones taken from better shots, and color balancing. Really enjoy doing jewelry retouching.

Comment

I work for a jewelry manufacturer, so I do this daily. I process several hundred images every week.

Unfortunately, the bulk of what we do is shot individually, silo'ed and retouched for the website. Due to the small staff, high quantities and tight deadlines, the quality sometimes suffers. Every once and a while, we'll get caught up and have the appropriate amount of time to knock out some beauties.

www.stuller.com

Comment

Hi i know your stuff i'm in the industry also, the web images are lifeless but it supported by catalog is great help to business, calendars and advertising pretty good, you probably getting a talent from outside for that, i know that good quality both photography and retouch takes much more time, sometimes not any faster than beauty
                          I just hope that the web will get a life with quality ....
                          Best regards,

Comment

The most important ingredient is still great photography, that captures the raw beauty, most of the stuff just can't be invented in photoshop. I don't think one could be a great jewelry photo retouching artist if he or she is working with really crappy raw photos.

Comment

I do jewelry photo retouching for the last 3 years and do this daily.
                              Here is some examples
                              http://www.weblancer.net/files/portf...752/598596.jpg
                              http://www.weblancer.net/files/portf...752/598597.jpg

Comment