Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you used a web site submission service before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you used a web site submission service before?

I spent some money today on a web site submission service. There are lots of these services out there. What they do is submit your website address and a description of your site to search engines all over the planet.

Has anyone had any success with this type of advertising before?

I've never tried one but would be very interested in your results.

Comment

I started the service today. I also found Retouch Pro today, so it is hard for me to tell what the increase of traffic to my site is from. But i have gotten a big spike in traffic.

Of course the real measurement is done in sales.

Comment

Are you refering to software that submits your site to numerous search engines? I used Wolf Pro but I don't think that really paid off much.
        DJ

Comment

No, I am talking about paying some one that has software to do it for me.

I signed up with the below link.

http://www.trafficmagnet.com

Comment

I used one for my first personal website, an Angelfire vanity monstrosity, a few years ago. It worked to a certain extent, but the place I used apparently gave/sold its information to (ahem) "adult" listing services, too. I had some extremely bizarre search engine referrals after I did it.

Suffice it to say that "animal-lover" in my meta keywords information appealed to a particular set of people in a way I never intended.

Comment

Not a very pretty story. I can only hope that it wont happen to me. The company I am using apears to be reputable.... but one never knows.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• keshiv
                Web Hosting
                by keshiv
                What company do you use for web hosting and what is your opinion of them?

Thanks in advance for your input

Keith
                09-16-2003, 05:14 PM
              • sage150
                Italian Recipes Web Site
                by sage150
                I came across a real nice web site today which has many
                Italian Recipes.Ottaviana's has a place in Italian Cooking for
                Dummy's.I checked the recipe's being familiar with many of them.
                They look A-OK to me.If you like Italian food this is a site
                worth visiting.Ottaviana's...
                11-26-2003, 06:53 PM
              • russellneal
                SEO and site builders
                by russellneal
                Can any one recommend a reasonable web builder or better still a photography website template and most of all a good SEO site that does not use link farms etc

www.dovestudio.co.uk

Thanks
                Russ
                12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
              • Bob Walden
                web site
                by Bob Walden
                Not sure if this is the best place for this but here is a nicely laidout and informative web site. Maybe useful for pricing hints.

Although it seems some of their prices are on the low side. It's a place to start.

http://www.image-edit.com/

Bob
                10-31-2002, 08:56 AM
              • phillip6653
                Web Hosting
                by phillip6653
                Just want to know were other host there websites. Please list were you host your site and why.

I will start now I host a few sites wit godaddy.com because they have a good price and I have never had a problem with there service.

I have also used hostnexus.com I use them...
                05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
              Working...
              X