Free Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Advertising

There's been a few posts concerning scrapbookers lately. And another by Sonya asking how people got started. This prompted an idea. If there is a relatively new scrapbooking business in your neck of the woods, you might want to talk with the owner. You could get together to make a press release telling about the scrapbooking business, and how they are different from most because they use you , a restoration artist, to copy the valued photos for people who want your services, thereby keeping the original intact. A little background about your business, and what services you provide could be worked into the press release. Local newspapers are glad to get this type of information, and if it's done right, they will often put an article in the paper free of charge. I think it was Sandra who had a bad experience with a scrapbooking business, but that doesn't mean it's not a viable option for you. Or if you don't like that deal, make out a press release for your own business. Just a thought, and the price is right!

Ed

You know, that's a really good idea. And there's a scrapbooking business somewhere around here... I see that darn sign every day, but right now, I can't remember where it is. Silly brain, playing tricks on me...

At any rate, thanks for that suggestion!

Comment

You're welcome.

Ed

Comment

I've just spent half of the day visiting Australian scrapbooking sites gathering contact emails. My intention is to email most of these sites offering my services to copy and or repair/restore photos for scrapbooking. I thought I might offer them a commission of maybe 10%-15%. Hopefully they see the benefit of saving the originals and using my services. Oh yes, I've also joined most of their user groups and signed up for their newsletters. HOpefully I'll be able to get some ads in the newsletters in time.

Comment

Good thinking Sandra. That just might pay off really well for you.

Ed

Comment