Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps to set up a restoration website

Hello,

I currently work full-time for a photographer doing photo retouching. I love the job and really want to get in some extra practice outside of work. I'd like to set up a website offering photo restoration and retouching. The problem is I don't know where to begin because of the legal aspect (wrong forum category?)

Am I allowed to put any image I've retouched up on my website? I retouched a pretty famous person through a different agency and don't know if i can use that image. Do I need to give credit to photographers on the site? How does this work. Will I have to beg aspiring photographers to let me use their images?

As far as payment on my site, I'd like people to pay through paypal. Do I have to register a business name or use my real name when I set up that account?

Re: Steps to set up a restoration website

<<Am I allowed to put any image I've retouched up on my website?>>
    No! Only the ones that you have obtained permission from the photographer and/or the subject depending who owns the rights to the photo.

<<I retouched a pretty famous person through a different agency and don't know if i can use that image.>>
    See the answer above.

<<Will I have to beg aspiring photographers to let me use their images?>>
    Yes. See the answer above.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but to simplify a complicated subject, in essence you need permission from the person that owns the rights to the photo, typically the photographer and/or the subject if ownership was transferred to the subject.

Originally posted by hi_muffintop View Post

Comment

Working...
    X