Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old are the majority of your clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old are the majority of your clients?

How old are the majority of your clients?
    under 30
    13.51%
    30 - 40
    24.32%
    41 - 50
    21.62%
    51 - 60
    29.73%
    61 - 70
    8.11%
    71 +
    2.70%

I didn't know what one to really choose so I went with 60 to 70 but really I would say they range mostly from 50 to 70 and I really have had alot that were in their 30s and 40s as well. Not very many in their early 20s to early 30s though.
    I'm not sure it's an accurate count of the overall clientelle through out the US and Canada though since I live in Florida which is known for it's strong population of elderly people.
    DJ

Comment

Probably 95% of my clients are in the age 50 plus range. Just from observations, it seems that until folks hit the "Big 50" they tend to take photos for granted, but as they age they become more interested in them and have more disposable income to play with, some of which they will expend on Restore work, providing they feel comfortable with the Retoucher and trust that person. Tom

Comment

Right on target Tom ...I started in the photography business photographing the "boomers" as babies and they have been the basis of my shifts in career focus ever since - as Babies - HS and College Seniors and now photo conservation and restoration work!

BTW - the restorations are not from my early work - those are holding up fine - just thought I'd mention that! :-)

Jim C

Comment

Since I work in a pro photo studio

And all the clients are primarily ad agencies, we get "art directors" that range from 25 to 65.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
            Think About This!
            by Ed_L
            Movie theatres, florists, craft shops, cotton candy, art fairs, gift shops, Radio Shack, video stores. What do they have in common? They are all in direct competition with you for the expendable dollar. Now you have to put your thinking cap on. What can you do to get your fair share? I don't expect...
            08-11-2001, 12:51 PM
          • Gerry Monaghan
            Update on my photo restoration business 1 year later
            by Gerry Monaghan
            Hi all sorry I have been out of touch, it has been a tough year.

Well on balance, I am satisfied with my progress. First year and I have had 30+ orders. This on top of keeping all my other plates spinning. The dad thing with 3 young boys and my wife's medical practice.

11-21-2002, 10:54 AM
          • grafx
            I know...I always have "odd" issues...
            by grafx
            How do you tell a client in a nice why that you are a retoucher, not a personal assistant?

1.) They were notified in the beginning that my average turn-around is 2 weeks
            2.) They know I have other clients and I juggle "first come, first serve" unless a rush is being paid...
            10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
          • Doug Nelson
            Deposits
            by Doug Nelson
            I do no over-the-counter business (or even in-person business), so pardon if I wax theoretical (wax on, wax off).

So, a client walks up to your counter with an image to be restored that they don't want to leave with you. No problem. Using your white gloves, you either scan it or make...
            05-24-2002, 02:44 PM
          • Sanda
            photo vandalism
            by Sanda
            This is from a post I made in another thread.
            Recently I was reading an article in a local paper about a scrapbooking shop which had just opened and was horrified when the owner talked about people cutting up "old photos of ancestors" to make attractive scrapbooking pages. I wanted...
            06-19-2002, 05:43 PM
          Working...
          X