Average Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Income

Hey, what do you guys think is the average income/payrate/etc for pro retouchers? Just curious. I realize thats totally ambiguous and vague, but I thought I would ask none the less. Trying to figure out if investing in a fancy website will be worth it, since I don't have much work right now and don't have a really good idea of how much I could end up making if I got to a pro level with relatively modest portfolio clients.

Re: Average Income

Originally posted by jtd131 View Post
    Hey, what do you guys think is the average income/payrate/etc for pro retouchers? Just curious. I realize thats totally ambiguous and vague, but I thought I would ask none the less. Trying to figure out if investing in a fancy website will be worth it, since I don't have much work right now and don't have a really good idea of how much I could end up making if I got to a pro level with relatively modest portfolio clients.
    By searching on the web you will find the answer. I have found that shitty retouchs starts in 10 dollars and finish in 25 USD per hour. Then you have some less shitty retouch for 35-45 USD, some of the 45 USD per hour are quite good and there you start seeing retouchs of about 60 USD, which are quite good, then 75 USD per hour (I'm on that range of quality, 60-75 USD/h, but my prices are cheaper than that, so cheap that everybody here will laugh a lot) and then you have prices from 120; 175; 200 and 300 USD per hour. Those are the best retouchers, and usually not just individuals.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dvool
      Not getting any work, should I lower rate?
      by dvool
      Hey ya'll.

I've made a profile on modelmayhem.com and have been on the website for about 3 weeks now. I decided to charge $20/hr, but I haven't gotten any response/work.

I think my portfolio is pretty solid.
      http://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=727438
      06-16-2008, 02:19 AM
    • Angry Yeti
      Private lessons for teens?
      by Angry Yeti
      Hey guys, I'm about to start teaching PS to a few teens in the richer end of NYC and I'm wondering what I should charge as lessons.

I'm going to start ground up and include photo lessons as well.

What do you think would be an OK price per class?
      08-29-2010, 12:30 AM
    • SublimCreation
      Rate of professional retouchers in Paris
      by SublimCreation
      Hello to all,

We have the chance to work with our first Parisian client and in order to help us set a rate we would like to know what is the range that most retouchers and studios charge for retouching in Paris.

Thanks
      Dominique
      03-10-2010, 09:13 AM
    • cygnus
      How much to charge
      by cygnus
      Hi

I run a small side business of shooting table tops for web stores. This has given me some exposure of using PS to manipulate images I shoot. Off late I have been receive request for retouching/ manipulating pictures shot by other photographers and I am not sure as to what should I...
      10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
    • painperdu
      The Grand Economic Theory of Drugstore Photograph Restoration Pricing :-)
      by painperdu
      I've got it!

Here is how those chainstore drug/photo stores are able to charge one flat fee for different levels of repair.

Let's say I set my desired wage at $100 per hour. i can accomplish this by taking on 10 low level restore jobs at $10 a piece or I can do 1 major...
      12-01-2004, 10:50 AM
    Working...
    X