Box New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Box New York

Never been a hugh retouching company in London?! Sorry there has been quite a few in the past. I worked with 14 other retouchers in one company.
    Last edited by ftp-Jeff; 06-22-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ftp-Jeff View Post
      Never been a hugh retouching company in London?! Sorry there has been quite a few in the past. I worked with 14 other retouchers in one company.
      Which one?

Is 14 staff huge?

Earlier in post, I was referring to Box having 40 full time staff.

Comment

If that is Mr Main it must have been Tapestry. Hi Jeff how are you. Love one of the 14....lol. When we have got busy here we have had 11 retouchers in. Thats not bad for this day and age. Huge doesn't mean quality though does it. Depends how many are any good.

Comment

Mr Main? Who he?

Ahh Tapestry....... They started the bloody price war in this trade. And Hoodie admitted that! And he apologized! Bit late by then!!

Comment

Not the same Jeff then. They always charged £400 per hour when I was there. Oh the good old days! You would never get that now. Thats down to the Mac, not price wars as soon as the G3 came out that was the death of the hi end systems like Pain Box and Barco etc.

Comment

Yes indeed, Metro spawned many, many retouching houses, by hiring/training many of the best retouchers in the world. I heard a rumour last week that they're about to go belly up, May just be a rumour though...

Comment

You are having a laugh! Metro spawned many of the best retouchers!

Good grief!

Comment

Yeah last time I had any contact with Metro, 'CJ' told me that they had downscaled, and to be honest looked like they were trying to keep the business running, so wouldn't surprise me if they were about to fold - seem to remember was up to 600 an hour back in the days he told me, when you've got a history like that its going to be difficult to make things work.

I had gone there as well about 9 years ago, and been more impressed by the conditions they were working under, than by the attitude of some of the retouchers. Neither were some of the photographers I met back then that impressed, with the kind of 'gum chewing' attitude, or some of the work. So they were destined to get into trouble when the powerful macs came in. Basically, as far as I can see, they ended up providing a training academy for those lucky enough to be given a break by Mr 'politics' JCurtin. Then 'thanks very much' they all left taking the clients with them.
                  Last edited by Markzebra; 06-24-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Jake was a tosser...

Chris is a nice guy, known him for about 29 years, was even at his wedding!

Comment

Yeah, liked him when I met him briefly too. They were just about to move out of that place in Farringdon I seem to remember, place had a feeling of 'past glories' about it. Maybe someone at Box should take heed.
                      Last edited by Markzebra; 06-24-2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

You think Metro looked nice you should see Stanley's Post

Comment

Damn - came fairly close to getting a placement there I think last year, but couldn't do it at the time. Not seen it.

Comment

Its nice man. Sofas, coffee tables and wood floors in all the suites. The Suites are big too, set up to make the client very comfortable.

Comment

So, Lex do I know you? I still keep in touch with Tony Rose, I still know some ex taps people.

And you used Premier? I was the first Premier Operator outside the US! I still have the casing from sn_148!

Jeff

Comment

Yes mate its Alex I worked on the Premier at Contour with Rob, moved to Tapestry worked on the Premier there then went on Paint Box. How are you havent seen you for a while.

Comment