Payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment?

How do you go about getting payment from people for retouching. Do you set up a paypal account or something along those lines?

I'm just about to start charging, nothing huge, just small time, but I don't know how to securely and safely receive payment in a timely manner before I give them the full res file.

Re: Payment?

If you're working with first world people, you can trust they will pay. Surely, first world people pay, so send those high-res without fear.
    I personally use PayPal, but I started by using Western Union, but their fees are ridiculous, also PayPal fees are high, but not so much as like the WU ones. By the way, if you're attempting to use PayPal, make sure your client always loads in USD, otherwhise, you will be charged for the currency change a 2,4% or so. Also, for receiving money you're charged 3,9%

Comment

Is there any sort of certain type of account I should set up. I just don't it to be confusing for people.

Like they click on the link and it brings them to the page where they just enter their card number and amount they are charged, and then I can confirm and send them photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Imustbedead View Post
        Is there any sort of certain type of account I should set up. I just don't it to be confusing for people.

Like they click on the link and it brings them to the page where they just enter their card number and amount they are charged, and then I can confirm and send them photos.
        I don't get your question, but in PayPal, you will receive an e-mail when the deposit is done (it's usually instant). I don't know how it works from the buyer side, since I only receive. Almost every person in the world have a PayPal account, so it wouldn't be confusing for the buyers.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MatthewMarshall
          PAYPAL hints/tips: The good, the bad & the ugly
          by MatthewMarshall
          paypal.com seems to be the number one choice when doing online sales. I use them for payment on my website downloadbackdrops.com. But with any business, paypal has some downfalls

I have used paypal for over 10 years. so basicaly anything that could go wrong has. So here are a few tips...
          07-05-2008, 08:38 PM
        • Sharon Brunson
          Donations via Paypal
          by Sharon Brunson
          I would like some option to donate to RetouchPro without charging on my credit card. Is there any way RetouchPro could take paypal payments? I have a verified account at paypal so I can send directly from my bank account.

I don't know what paypal charges the recipient, but it can't...
          02-08-2002, 12:14 PM
        • fatima
          Beginning In This Beautiful Business
          by fatima
          Hi I'm Fatima D.
          I'm new in this forum. Who invented this is a genius. I hadn't found something like this.
          I have used Photoshop since 6 years ago because I'm a photographer and I do my own retouches, I do yearbooks and I use to do retouch in each student.
          This forum I felt that...
          12-15-2006, 01:33 PM
        • MilanS
          Payment method for internation work, but no PayPal
          by MilanS
          I'm from Croatia. And the problem I'm facing is that I'm not sure about the payment method for doing retouching work over the internet. I would like to use PayPal. But unfortunately, Croatia is on the list of countries where receiving money is not supported by PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-...
          09-16-2009, 03:00 PM
        • ashkumar
          Is Paypal takes commission ?
          by ashkumar
          I came to know through the previous forums that PAYPAL is a best way to receive and give payment. If we receive payment from different countries into our bank account, paypal takes commission ? I don't have enough knowledge abt online paymenys please help me to understand.
          11-28-2005, 03:54 AM
        Working...
        X